The Student Room Group

***UKCAT 2017 poll***

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking of starting a Whatsapp group for 2017 entry medics. Would anyone be interested?
Original post by Lewishier
I'm thinking of starting a Whatsapp group for 2017 entry medics. Would anyone be interested?

yup sure
Original post by hashman
yup sure

I'm going to get a few other people onto the idea and I'll get back to you :smile:
Reply 103
It seems that the distribution of UKCAT scores has started to even out slightly :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by saran23
It seems that the distribution of UKCAT scores has started to even out slightly :smile:

Yes, Along with the fact that some people have not done so well, and not put up there mark.
Reply 105
Does anybody know how representative the official mocks are compared to this year's real test?
Saran23 - I found the abstract and quantitative easier in the real thing. The verbal felt slightly harder because the passages were generally longer. I found that the technique that many of the books recommend of not reading the full text but just scanning for keywords doesn't work for me, so I might have been affected more than others by the length of the text given I had to read the whole thing first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the averages still higher than normal?
Original post by G.name
Are the averages still higher than normal?

I don't think that there are some people who haven't added their scores, for whatever reason. As such, it's difficult to get an accurate picture.
Original post by Medici103
I don't think that there are some people who haven't added their scores, for whatever reason. As such, it's difficult to get an accurate picture.

But as it stands?
Original post by G.name
But as it stands?

It's difficult to tell as the 600-700 haven't been divided up properly. But no, it seems to have evened out a little. I'd expect it to be the same deciles as last year. I predict that the 600-700s will start to bulge out as we go into September.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studentsixth
It's difficult to tell as the 600-700 haven't been divided up properly. But no, it seems to have evened out a little. I'd expect it to be the same deciles as last year. I predict that the 600-700s will start to bulge out as we go into September.

I agree that they'll bulge. But I think overall, averages will rise. For the reasons previously shared.
Original post by G.name
I agree that they'll bulge. But I think overall, averages will rise. For the reasons previously shared.

If they do, I wouldn't say by much. But I can't see it happening to be honest and definitely not to the degree in 2014.
(edited 7 years ago)
If they do, I wouldn't say by much. But I can't see it happening to be honest and definitely not to the degree in 2014.

Why not?
Original post by manlike99
Why not?

You just have to look at the poll for 2014 to see why not.

This is where our opinions differ: I think to the same degree. But we shall see. And thanks for replying.:chaplin:
Original post by manlike99
Why not?

You just have to look at the poll for 2013 to see why not. I just can't see an average rise being that significant. Scores similar to 2012 maybe. The issue with a hike like that a few years ago was solved the following year (they rescaled the DA section which was causing scores to rise so much) and there hasn't been anything like that this year. QR and AR averages will go up (QR might just stay static as its already high) whilst VR's will go down so the overall effect will be a few points at most.

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Mean%20Scores%20end%20of%20testing%202.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
You just have to look at the poll for 2014 to see why not.

Can't find it, can you link me it?
Original post by G.name
This is where our opinions differ: I think to the same degree. But we shall see. And thanks for replying.:chaplin:

And why do you think it will?
Reply 119
Just got 720 in total, (610, 780, 770). To revise I used medify for 2 weeks spent the first doing practise and the second week doing a simulation test every day and then further practising on the areas I did badly on.

My medify scores were:
VR, QR, AR
Test 1 : 670, 600, 570
Test 2 : 650, 630, 700
Test 3 : 650, 700, 650
Test 4 : 700, 600, 730

During the real exam I messed up VR I knew it and was ready to concede defeat. Luckily there is the new section straight after, I'd recommend using this time to try and get some composure for the last sections as nerves definitely ruined my VR section.

Hope this can be used to help others who are yet to take the test :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest