The Student Room Group

Which side do you sleep on?

Poll

How do you sleep?

Just out of curiosity!

Do you sleep on your sides, back or front? Personally, I always sleep on my left side... so I'm facing away from my window and toward the door (not that that means much to you guys!)

How about you? I've heard there is a reason behind how people sleep I think? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Outside if I don't revise

(Though usually on my back)
(edited 7 years ago)
I always sleep facing the wall. In my bed, that means sleeping on my right hand side. I do it because as a kid, I used to be terrified of monsters being in my room and didn't want to see them if they were there. It was a "if I can't see them, they can't see me" kind of thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
On my right side because that's the only way I can reach my phone charger :u:

Never on my back - so uncomfy
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Outside if I don't revise

(Though usually on my back)

Original post by Platopus
I always sleep facing the wall. In my bed, that means sleeping on my right hand side. I do it because as a kid, I used to be terrified of monsters being in my room and didn't want to see them if they were there. It was a "if I can't see them, they can't see me" kind of thing.

Haha that's cute! I was always paranoid about my feet dangling over the edge of the bed incase of a monster dragging me away :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by PugDevil

Haha that's cute! I was always paranoid about my feet dangling over the edge of the bed incase of a monster dragging me away :lol:

Spoiler

Thankfully, I don't have that problem #shortgirlperks
I sleep on my right side, left side and front. I switch between them during the night, I don't have one preferred position/side :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Fox Corner
On my right side because that's the only way I can reach my phone charger :u:

Never on my back - so uncomfy

I always lay on my back if I can't sleep on my left!
I used to always sleep on my back, but I started getting really bad sleep paralysis so stopped :frown: No other position feels as comfortable
Something like...

Front, left, right, back, left, right, back, front, right, left,right, back, front, right, back, front, right.

Spoiler

Wrong move. If you're scared of monsters you should sleep with your back against the wall. This would give you the best opportunity to identify a threat and asses whether to fight or flight. Facing the wall would significantly reduce your chances of survival.
Every side.
Normally I go into a million different positions and then when I find a comfy one I stay there for the whole night.

And one of the perks of being single is the whole bed is to yourself :u:
Original post by kalclash
Wrong move. If you're scared of monsters you should sleep with your back against the wall. This would give you the best opportunity to identify a threat and asses whether to fight or flight. Facing the wall would significantly reduce your chances of survival.

I know that, but I was only little when I formed this habit! I figured they would get me whether I saw them or not and I'd prefer to die in my sleep, than aware of the monster which was preparing to eat me.
I always sleep on my right side and I have to be on the side of the bed closest to the door
Just out of curiosity!

Do you sleep on your sides, back or front? Personally, I always sleep on my left side... so I'm facing away from my window and toward the door (not that that means much to you guys!)

How about you? I've heard there is a reason behind how people sleep I think? :s-smilie:

I know that, but I was only little when I formed this habit! I figured they would get me whether I saw them or not and I'd prefer to die in my sleep, than aware of the monster which was preparing to eat me.

That makes sense - it seems to be working as no monsters have got you yet!!
Both sides
Just out of curiosity!

Always on the right hand side! needed that sleep after results day last week tho :wink: haha
Dear Heart Of Jesus
by Lauren
In the past I have asked for many favors. This time I ask for this special one. Take it, Dear Heart Of Jesus, and place it within Your own broken heart where Your Father will see it. Then in his merciful eyes it will become Your favor, not mine. Say for 3 days and promise publication.
- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/dear-heart-of-jesus.html#sthash.wVONn6zq.dpuf
Dear Heart Of Jesus
by Lauren
In the past I have asked for many favors. This time I ask for this special one. Take it, Dear Heart Of Jesus, and place it within Your own broken heart where Your Father will see it. Then in his merciful eyes it will become Your favour not mine. AMEN

Quick Reply

Latest