The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Apparently Hernandez has been left out of the hull squad for their next game when they only have 13 for players.

Mail is hinting that it is because we are after him as our world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

the world class striker villa are getting is Balotelli
Original post by chemistrybro

We will see I'd like to have him surely he would do very well in the championship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemistrybro

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/17/article-2541508-067C87490000044D-414_636x418.jpg
Veretout has gone on loan back to France

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't have the best welcome from sherwood but ultimately didn't look very suited to English football because he failed to grasp games and was pretty weak mentally by all accounts plus started getting very tired around 70 mins. Maybe it's for the best if he has a good season in France and then we get what we paid for him from someone because he obviously doesn't want to be of help villa. Probably have a good career in France or elsewhere just wrong time for both parties.
Original post by neal95
Didn't have the best welcome from sherwood but ultimately didn't look very suited to English football because he failed to grasp games and was pretty weak mentally by all accounts plus started getting very tired around 70 mins. Maybe it's for the best if he has a good season in France and then we get what we paid for him from someone because he obviously doesn't want to be of help villa. Probably have a good career in France or elsewhere just wrong time for both parties.

There's a good article on what went wrong for him on the Birmingham Mail.

When you read it you see why it hasn't worked out, for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enner Valenica has now cropped up in the gossip.
Yeah I've read that to. He's surprisingly good in the air and offers something different from outside the box, as he is capable of scoring from range
Highly doubt we would get Rhodes but just imagine if we did. Him and McCormack up front, we definitely want another striker.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/25/am-bookies-slash-odds-on-rhodes-moving-to-aston-villa/page/1/
xia was apparently at the west ham game tosday. I'm aware that Valencia was on the bench but not sure if he played? maybe he is there to meet gold/Sullivan and co to see the possibility of a transfer?
Original post by neal95
xia was apparently at the west ham game tosday. I'm aware that Valencia was on the bench but not sure if he played? maybe he is there to meet gold/Sullivan and co to see the possibility of a transfer?

Unless there's a picture it's hardly ever true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
Highly doubt we would get Rhodes but just imagine if we did. Him and McCormack up front, we definitely want another striker.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/25/am-bookies-slash-odds-on-rhodes-moving-to-aston-villa/page/1/

Don't forget his partnership with gestede too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Unless there's a picture it's hardly ever true

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was one on Twitter which I saw on my facebook news feed from an Aston villa group but i don't actually have Twitter myself however it was a screenshot of xia account
Original post by paul514
Don't forget his partnership with gestede too

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would actually be quite a frightening forward line especially if we get a creative midfielder as well.
Oh my god how can we be this bad
Dissapointed. It was similar by all accounts, good first half poor second half. Gollini had a nightmare today I saw the goals on sky sports news
Original post by neal95
Dissapointed. It was similar by all accounts, good first half poor second half. Gollini had a nightmare today I saw the goals on sky sports news

Heard he was at fault for two.

He has cost us 7 points already ffs!
Maybe give Bunn a run in the team for a bit, Gollini at times looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
I don't think it's time to flap leave the new keeper in goal we are trying to develop him.

Lots of new players take time to gel and realistically we as fans don't know what to expect as we were crap last year and we don't really know our new players.

I'll panic after ten games if it hasn't changed.

We need more of the ball, to create more chances and very obviously a new forward or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was pretty bad.

It's a little soon to start giving up though. Some of the comments i'm seeing online, on Villatalk and other sites, are laughable... Di Matteo out? Relegation battle? Awful signings? Need a whole new defence? (the same defence that before yesterday had only conceded 2 goals)

We had 2 players making their debuts, alongside a bunch of other players who've barely played together, under a manager 5 games into the job. This is not the time to start turning on everybody involved with the club.

If we'd had the start that Newcastle had, everybody would've been similarly freaking out a couple of weeks ago, but suddenly 3 games later they're in 4th place and everything's great. At this point in the season it doesn't take much to jump up table, so let's give it some time before declaring that nothing's changed from last season.

Quick Reply

Latest