The Student Room Group

Can you still get a place on a grad entry scheme with a 2.1 and a criminal record?

Can you still get a place on a grad entry scheme with a 2.1 and a criminal record?
Reply 1
Original post by john2054

depends whats ur criminal record for
I know a girl who was on a Financial Services scheme. She got done for driving without due care or diligence.

If it's something like Law or a job that requires you to work with vulnerable persons then no way, no matter the offence. In Finance it's possible if the offence had nothing to do with theft or any other Financial Crime. I'm assuming that the same would apply to many other graduate schemes.

Is it spent? If it is, then most organisations aren't legally allowed to know. There are exceptions to this, like law firms, accountancy firms, schools etc. But most business positions should be available to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by SunnysideSea
Is it spent? If it is, then most organisations aren't legally allowed to know. There are exceptions to this, like law firms, accountancy firms, schools etc. But most business positions should be available to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm talking about for a medical degree!
They'll definitely be allowed to know what your conviction was for, so then it comes down to how serious it was I imagine. If you can't fo medicine, don't worry, you can do all sorts with that kind of qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by #ChaosKass
Hmmm, just a few days ago you were bragging about all the wonderful ideas you had for a PhD. Did that not work out?

Anyway, the combination of a Mickey Mouse degree from a poor university AND a criminal record on top of that don't put you in a good position, unfortunately.

my degree isn't a mickey mouse degree thanks
Reply 7
my degree isn't a mickey mouse degree thanks

What is it?
Reply 8
Original post by TrojanH
What is it?

Sociology with theatre studies at Derby 2016 2:1 . And i worked damn hard for that grade!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending