The Student Room Group

What is "Wife material"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Men dont want slutty women, especially as a wife or mother of their children. Slutty women can enjoy sex all they want but thats all they are good for. Feminists need to realise this and stop pulling down western women.

Mate, you are completely delusional. We live in a society where pretty much anything goes, it's perfectly okay for women and men alike to do what they want in their own bedroom. That is not even touching on the fact that your statement is blatantly sexist.

I would place a large bet that you are socially rejected and you have developed a resentment for anyone that has a real social life.
This thread is full of sexist, out of touch and socially broken people. Wow.
Original post by thedominator6123
Mate, you are completely delusional. We live in a society where pretty much anything goes, it's perfectly okay for women and men alike to do what they want in their own bedroom. That is not even touching on the fact that your statement is blatantly sexist.

I would place a large bet that you are socially rejected and you have developed a resentment for anyone that has a real social life.

Anything goes for you maybe, and anyone else who thinks like that. No wonder divorce rates are so high, noone cares about having proper relationships its all about ****ing around, drinking obsesively and being Yolo. The last thing I am is socially rejected haha, and my social life is great to be honest and Im well travelled and have my own company, so you're wrong there. And ive got a great gf as well. I just place more value on sex and relationships, not just something you do with anyone who comes along and you barely know. Women with more partners also have a less happy marriages. You stick to your promiscuous women, good luck.
Reply 43
Anything goes for you maybe, and anyone else who thinks like that. No wonder divorce rates are so high, noone cares about having proper relationships its all about ****ing around, drinking obsesively and being Yolo. The last thing I am is socially rejected haha, and my social life is great to be honest and Im well travelled and have my own company, so you're wrong there. And ive got a great gf as well. I just place more value on sex and relationships, not just something you do with anyone who comes along and you barely know. Women with more partners also have a less happy marriages. You stick to your promiscuous women, good luck.

I hate YOLO :puke:
Reply 44
plastic

Spoiler

i must find her attractive, she must also be intelligent, funny, feminist, geek/nerd, is able to engage in conversation (no shy quiet types) and is emotionally open, available and affectionate
Good looking. Nice. Will bring the best out in me. :smile:

I've obviously just hit a trigger. What I said promotes freedom of choice, there is nothing to do with sleeping around or drinking in that message. Lots of people care about having proper relationships- in fact, most people do. Everyone is different, and the fact that you are speaking so condescendingly to me due to the fact that I have a different moral compass to you is very telling about your character.
True love only exists in the 2-dimensional form.

Attachment not found
has a good temper, able to engage in intellectual conversation, has a good sense of humour, sensitive to detail (eg emotions and feelings), opinionated but still open to discussion and alternative viewpoints. DEFO not a fkboy. Looks are secondary to me :smile:
My fiance. Someone who is prepared to look after me, someone who will introduce me to to things that I wouldn't think to do, someone who will encourage me to do my best and achieve things that I think I can't, someone who wants to share his life with me and be a part of mine, most important someone who will love me unconditionally and be prepared to show that love to the world.
Original post by hippieglitter
My fiance. Someone who is prepared to look after me, someone who will introduce me to to things that I wouldn't think to do, someone who will encourage me to do my best and achieve things that I think I can't, someone who wants to share his life with me and be a part of mine, most important someone who will love me unconditionally and be prepared to show that love to the world.

He's made you happy for a long time now hasnt he?

Certainly as long as Ive known you around the forum?
Original post by rosemondtan
has a good temper, able to engage in intellectual conversation, has a good sense of humour, sensitive to detail (eg emotions and feelings), opinionated but still open to discussion and alternative viewpoints. DEFO not a fkboy. Looks are secondary to me :smile:

I will answer based on the men's opinion that I know. According to them, A wife material is a woman who is loyal ,loving and caring. She must be there and ready to make sacrifices for the sake of her family. In other words, she is for keeps.
I'd say when you find a girl that is loyal, honest and can reason properly/doesn't put herself in silly situations then you're pretty much halfway there.
I've come to the conclusion guys just use wife material as another excuse to ditch a girl after sleeping with them
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I've come to the conclusion guys just use wife material as another excuse to ditch a girl after sleeping with them

I've never heard of that being used as an excuse before. I've heard a lot of really terrible, fantastical, unbelievable (unless you're so gullible the "you dropped your gay card" trick actually works on you), and out-and-out far-fetched excuses other people have used... but I've never heard someone say "nah m8, you ain't wife material u get me?" in a bid to get away from someone.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course... merely that your conclusion of the concept of "wife material" being used solely as a trick to get out of any emotional connection with another human being is somewhat deluded.
(edited 7 years ago)
Flesh and bone normally, innit?
Original post by JeremyHunt
in your opinion? or husband material :mmm:

Good looking, nice body and honest and talkative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending