The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Victoria Hall Offer Holders (2016)?

Just found out I've been offered accommodation at Victoria Hall and would love to hear from anyone else who'll be staying there, as well as anyone whose stayed there before. (I won't lie, I'm a little bit gutted because I really had my heart set on Denmark Road, but ah well!) From reading a lot of reviews and discussions it seems a little bit dead on the social side of things...I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering whether I should accept or reject the offer. But yeah, it'd be great to hear from others staying at Victoria Hall this year; I'm gonna be studying English Literature by the way :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: I just got my offer for Victoria Hall today as well. It was my first choice so I'm pretty happy! I'm going to study Maths. I'm actually from Ireland so I'm both excited and mildly terrified to be moving to Manchester. (I'm Lauren by the way, apologies for the crappy username :smile:)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Anon1711
Hi :smile: I just got my offer for Victoria Hall today as well. It was my first choice so I'm pretty happy! I'm going to study Maths. I'm actually from Ireland so I'm both excited and mildly terrified to be moving to Manchester. (I'm Lauren by the way, apologies for the crappy username :smile:)

Hey :smile: I'm glad you got your first choice, if you don't mind me asking, what drew you to Victoria? And I'm sure you'll really love it in Manc, it's a great city and there's always something going on - my sister used to live out there so I've visited a few times! (Haha no worries, I'm Cara :smile: though that's kind of in my username anyways)
Reply 3
Well I wanted to live in Victoria Park rather than right in the city or out at Fallowfield..And really I just thought Victoria Hall looked the best out of all the Victoria Park Halls 😊 Aw that's good, you'll know your way around a bit then! I did live in Manchester until I was five but I doubt that'll help me any haha
I got offered Victoria halls today. I might have to decline it though since it's pretty expensive..
Hey I'm also staying in Victoria Hall! My first choices were all Fallowfields😿but I'm pretty happy with Victoria! I'm Lara! It's nice to hear from People I could possible be living with! I'm studying History and Politics and I'm so excited! Nice to meet u all 😊X and if u accept the offer I wouldn't worry about the social side! I think a lot of students end up making friends in fallowfields and going over there a lot and also we are closer to the city and the curry mile! Also, you end up making closer friends inside the flat, if that makes sense?! At first I was gutted not to be at Fallowfields, but I think making a close knit group of pals is important🤘
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_pearl
I got offered Victoria halls today. I might have to decline it though since it's pretty expensive..

If you would like to switch, I have the uni halls which is £100 p/week in Whitworth Park, and Victoria was my first choice, so if you're interested let me know!
Reply 7
Is anyone in block F? I'm yet to find any flatmates :frown:

Are you thinking of changing cos I'm looking for accom in Victoria hall
Reply 9

hey,I am Jennifer and I am from north Ireland ! I will be study math as well! same,I am a little scared as well, but lucky one of my friend will be in uom as well,but till its all gonna be new to us. ps. add me on facebook?
Original post by Moyosearch
Are you thinking of changing cos I'm looking for accom in Victoria hall

Yeah I put my deposit down & am going to appeal. Are you looking at swapping?
Yeah I put my deposit down & am going to appeal. Are you looking at swapping?

Yes i urgently need a swap!! i applied for victoria hall as my second choice and they gave me wright robinson which is £107 a week
I'd really like to swap from Whitworth Park to Victoria Hall if anyone is interested - £100 pw :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by largrace123
Hey I'm also staying in Victoria Hall! My first choices were all Fallowfields😿but I'm pretty happy with Victoria! I'm Lara! It's nice to hear from People I could possible be living with! I'm studying History and Politics and I'm so excited! Nice to meet u all 😊X and if u accept the offer I wouldn't worry about the social side! I think a lot of students end up making friends in fallowfields and going over there a lot and also we are closer to the city and the curry mile! Also, you end up making closer friends inside the flat, if that makes sense?! At first I was gutted not to be at Fallowfields, but I think making a close knit group of pals is important🤘

Hey 😊 I accepted the offer in the end and I totally agree now, too excited to worry about the fact I didn't get my first choice accommodation haha
Reply 14
Well I wanted to live in Victoria Park rather than right in the city or out at Fallowfield..And really I just thought Victoria Hall looked the best out of all the Victoria Park Halls 😊 Aw that's good, you'll know your way around a bit then! I did live in Manchester until I was five but I doubt that'll help me any haha

Fair do's! I've confirmed Victoria Hall now and I'm so excited 😊 Also I'm rubbish with directions, I think I'll be as lost as everyone else haha. If you've lived in Manc before though you'll probably be a natural pro!
Hi everyone, I have accepted my offer for Victoria Hall just recently too, really looking forward to moving in! I think I'm in flat B... anyone else in that flat? Also when is everyone moving in? I'm Megan by the way (I would also like to apologise for the weird username I can't remember when I did that) and I'm from Essex so it's going to be strange moving up north, but I am excited, I've heard its a great city :smile: Will be studying physics
Reply 16
Original post by meganthemonster
Hi everyone, I have accepted my offer for Victoria Hall just recently too, really looking forward to moving in! I think I'm in flat B... anyone else in that flat? Also when is everyone moving in? I'm Megan by the way (I would also like to apologise for the weird username I can't remember when I did that) and I'm from Essex so it's going to be strange moving up north, but I am excited, I've heard its a great city :smile: Will be studying physics

Hi :smile: I'm in block B as well! Think I'm going to move in on the Saturday, so that's the 17th..What about you?
Hi :smile: I'm in block B as well! Think I'm going to move in on the Saturday, so that's the 17th..What about you?

Cool! Good to know someone in the same block :smile: I haven't entirely decided yet but I think it will either be the 15th or the 16th, is the 19th the start of freshers week?
Reply 18
Block F here :smile: My accommodation offer stated that the earliest I can move in is on the 12th, which is ideal as it gives me a few more days to get used to the new lifestyle! I believe freshers week starts on the 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehhhh
Block F here :smile: My accommodation offer stated that the earliest I can move in is on the 12th, which is ideal as it gives me a few more days to get used to the new lifestyle! I believe freshers week starts on the 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK thanks :smile: I think I will arrive on the 15th, that is the easiest day for me, is anyone getting one of those freshers wristbands?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending