The Student Room Group

Who won the East Coast/ West Coast war of the 1990s?

For me I'd have to say Death Row breezed through the battle as summarised:

"What we do on the West Coast, I sold 5 million in 2 months, Biggie's album been out 2 years and he's barely touching 2 million. This ***** had 50 remixes, 1000 videos, he got everybody in New York in his videos, and still barely touching 2 million- I've been out 2 months, my **** sold 5 million, with 2 videos out, I'm just starting. These ****** cant touch us, they can't, really it's funny"

But ultimately both parties lost the war, as there was nothing left in the end:frown:
Reply 1
Yes :colonhash:

@Rk2k14 tell him man
West coast reppin
Reply 3
Original post by swirly
Yes :colonhash:

@Rk2k14 tell him man

Cc, there was actual shots fired.

Reppin East.
Reply 4
Original post by Rk2k14
Cc, there was actual shots fired.

Reppin East.

Biggie's album been out 2 years and he's barely touching 2 million. This ***** had 50 remixes, 1000 videos, he got everybody in New York in his videos, and still barely touching 2 million- I've been out 2 months, my **** sold 5 million, with 2 videos out, I'm just starting. These ****** cant touch us, they can't, really it's funny

pls we all know Death Row was a whole different kind of animal:redface:
Reply 5
Original post by swirly
Biggie's album been out 2 years and he's barely touching 2 million. This ***** had 50 remixes, 1000 videos, he got everybody in New York in his videos, and still barely touching 2 million- I've been out 2 months, my **** sold 5 million, with 2 videos out, I'm just starting. These ****** cant touch us, they can't, really it's funny

pls we all know Death Row was a whole different kind of animal:redface:

A certain 20yr old came saw and conquered the game.
Reply 6
Original post by Rk2k14
A certain 20yr old came saw and conquered the game.

Nas cant support the whole East Coast ffs.

If we say he is King tier.

The West had Prime Snoop, Dre, and Pac residing on King tier.

3 kings vs 1.

and Illmatic only sold 59,000 in its opening week hehe.
Reply 7
Original post by swirly
Nas cant support the whole East Coast ffs.

If we say he is King tier.

The West had Prime Snoop, Dre, and Pac residing on King tier.

3 kings vs 1.

and Illmatic only sold 59,000 in its opening week hehe.

Man wants to talk about kings. Nas, Rakim, Wu Tang **** on them kings Could add Jay Z in that tier on promotion. Then you got the princes like LL Cool, Big L etc.

Illmatic is still the GOAT hip hop album. No one fro East or West can touch it.
Reply 8
Original post by Rk2k14
Man wants to talk about kings. Nas, Rakim, Wu Tang **** on them kings Could add Jay Z in that tier on promotion. Then you got the princes like LL Cool, Big L etc.

Illmatic is still the GOAT hip hop album. No one fro East or West can touch it.

***** pls

I don't really care about the rivalry but depending on how many people you're including, I prefer the albums from East.

But only just.
Reply 10
Original post by swirly
***** pls

Thinking about it, it seemed to me when I was into all this, that Biggie & co didn't want it with 2Pac & Suge. It all seemed one way to me.

Would say West won by default.
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
Thinking about it, it seemed to me when I was into all this, that Biggie & co didn't want it with 2Pac & Suge. It all seemed one way to me.

Nobody's ever wanted any part of Suge until the late noughties. Genuinely feared mogul. Apparently when 50 cent was shooting the video for In Da Club, he turned up uninvited and half the set ran :rofl:

You seen Murder Rap wilf?
Original post by swirly
Nobody's ever wanted any part of Suge until the late noughties. Genuinely feared mogul. Apparently when 50 cent was shooting the video for In Da Club, he turned up uninvited and half the set ran :rofl:

You seen Murder Rap wilf?

Na but I just Googled it. I saw the Biggie & Tupac one done years ago, that was good. I'll check this out.

The only real return fire from Biggie & co. was Long Kiss Goodnight. Both rappers were dead by the time it came out though. :frown:
Reply 15
Na but I just Googled it. I saw the Biggie & Tupac one done years ago, that was good. I'll check this out.

It actually disproves some of the the stuff in the Biggie and Tupac one and puts in a more convincing theory. Tell me once you've watched it, I told RK to watch it but he's a ****boy.
Reply 16
Overall the east coast. Apart from Dre, Snoop and pac and west didnt have any other great stuff
East coast had infinitely better music

Nas

Wu (+ all the solo projects)

Jay Z

Mos Def

West coast still had lots of talent tho
Eiht, kurupt, quik,

Quick Reply

Latest