The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Has anyone received their accommodation offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SlimShady96
Yeah I am on the list, but I'm expecting the worst tbh, thinking of getting private accommodation which is not what I wanted at all, this is the only thing that sucks about Liverpool.

It is expensive but only a tiny bit more than philharmonic and you get a lot more for your money in terms of room facilities, but I want to be with people as social life is a HUGE factor for me.

I have heard the social and nightlife aspects are one of the best in the region. There are some good non-halls student accommodation places around near campus though if the room change doesn't work out.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by JCal
I have heard the social and nightlife aspects are one of the best in the region. There are some good non-halls student accommodation places around near campus though if the room change doesn't work out.

In what region exactly? What I meant was the studio is not part of a flat like normal so I wouldn't have any flat mates, some people would certainly like that more, but not me.
Reply 22
In what region exactly? What I meant was the studio is not part of a flat like normal so I wouldn't have any flat mates, some people would certainly like that more, but not me.

North/North West.

I know, there are dedicated buildings which are flatshares like halls (shared kitchen and maybe bathroom).

Anyway, surely the room changer isn't so bad that you can't find a single halls room :hmmm:
Reply 23
I got my first choice too at Crown Place! I was just wondering if the fact that I'm coming from outside the UK might have something to do with it? :confused:
Original post by JCal
North/North West.

I know, there are dedicated buildings which are flatshares like halls (shared kitchen and maybe bathroom).

Anyway, surely the room changer isn't so bad that you can't find a single halls room :hmmm:

Do you think I'll get a room on campus though?
Original post by janetta
I got my first choice too at Crown Place! I was just wondering if the fact that I'm coming from outside the UK might have something to do with it? :confused:

Yeah that could be the case because you're paying them more money.
Reply 26
Yeah that could be the case because you're paying them more money.

Same as you since I'm from the EU
Original post by janetta
Same as you since I'm from the EU

Then I doubt it, you're just lucky, when did you apply for accommodation?
Reply 28
Then I doubt it, you're just lucky, when did you apply for accommodation?

30.7. and received the offer on 12.8.
Original post by janetta
30.7. and received the offer on 12.8.

Just proves that the time you apply makes no difference even though they say it does, I applied at the start of March and didn't get any of the choices I wanted.
Reply 30
Do you think I'll get a room on campus though?

I'm sure someone will be wanting a swap somewhere. Like you said, solitary confinement appeals to some.
Original post by JCal
I'm sure someone will be wanting a swap somewhere. Like you said, solitary confinement appeals to some.

Solitary confinement 😂 You make it sound like a prison lol
Reply 32
I got my offer today, came through Clearing so it was late. My offer says this:
Campus: Accommodation
Hall: University Approved
Total price: £0.00

Anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it isn't uni halls but I have like no information aha. I think I'm going to go on the room change list but idk
Reply 33
Same happened to me, with a deadline to accept by tomorrow at midnight, but I kinda want to hold out on somewhere else I've applied for accommodation so I dunno what to do :/
Original post by ST001
Same happened to me, with a deadline to accept by tomorrow at midnight, but I kinda want to hold out on somewhere else I've applied for accommodation so I dunno what to do :/

Original post by Beedle
I got my offer today, came through Clearing so it was late. My offer says this:
Campus: Accommodation
Hall: University Approved
Total price: £0.00

Anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it isn't uni halls but I have like no information aha. I think I'm going to go on the room change list but idk

Same as a friend of mine, he called up and the uni advised to accept it as you will not have to pay any deposit and can decline when details come through at a later date if it is not to your liking. They have just put you down for a guaranteed place and are still sorting rooms, which is complicated due to over-anticipated demand.
I wanted Melville grove (single bed) and got exactly that. Found out on morning of 22nd and accepted offer. Really pleased.
Original post by Caraphernelia
I'm in rankin, I've known since march though as I deferred my entry from last year

I deferred as well so confirmed and paid the deposit for Morton a while back - have you just had confirmation or actually been allocated a room / given an arrival slot yet?

Quick Reply

Latest