The Student Room Group

The gig is up - Corbyn just as decieftul as other politicians #Traingate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexanderHam
The otherwise valid point has been completely undermined by his ineptness and penchant for dishonesty.
I'm going to give you some advice. Before you make a statement like the one above, say something like: I think; or: I believe; or: it is my opinion that. Because otherwise you present your own opinion as complete and undeniable fact; which, (and I hate to break it to you) it is not.

For instance, I believe that Corbyn has raised the point well here by this action, and I think that will be reciprocated through his support.
Original post by The Awakener
People will do anything to demonise Corbyn.

It's not "demonising" to point out Corbyn has been completely dishonest.

If Owen Smith had done this the media wouldnt blink an eyelid.

Owen Smith has never done anything like this. But we do know that when he made his comment about negotiating with ISIS, he got absolutely slammed in the media. Of course Corbyn supporters and his right-wing sympathisers (extremists stick together, whether left or right) are incapable of seeing any media story except by seeing themselves as victims of some great conspiracy. It's pathetic

But there is no room for moral, and good hearted people in politics.

How is it "moral" and "good hearted" to accepted £20,000 from a regime that murders gay people and stones women as payment to shill for them on television, as Corbyn did?
Original post by inhuman
Hypocrite. There hasn't been a single source coming forward supporting Virgin. Were all people die-hard Corbyn fans on the train so they would lie for him? And yet you believe the company that has everything to gain from attacking Corbyn? But you are not the conspiracy theorist?

AlexanderHam clearly believes this was a train entirely staffed from the Corbyn front office, but with a Virgin camera crew of impeccable honesty filming the proceedings for posterity.
Original post by 04MR17
I'm going to give you some advice. Before you make a statement like the one above, say something like: I think; or: I believe; or: it is my opinion that. Because otherwise you present your own opinion as complete and undeniable fact; which, (and I hate to break it to you) it is not.

For instance, I believe that Corbyn has raised the point well here by this action, and I think that will be reciprocated through his support.

Taking advice from you about how to express myself in the English language would be like taking advice about good parenting from a convicted paedophile. Your diction and prose style is all over the place; it's crude and imprecise, and not at all persuasive.

I will give you some advice though; before you tell someone to stop doing something on the basis of it driving you up the wall, ask yourself first, "Does he give a **** what I think?". If the answer to that is no, then refraining to open your gob (figuratively speaking) might be your best option. Then again, I'm not here to tell people what to do; feel free to make your own decision on that score.
It's not "demonising" to point out Corbyn has been completely dishonest.

Owen Smith has never done anything like this. But we do know that when he made his comment about negotiating with ISIS, he got absolutely slammed in the media. Of course Corbyn supporters and his right-wing sympathisers (extremists stick together, whether left or right) are incapable of seeing any media story except by seeing themselves as victims of some great conspiracy. It's pathetic

How is it "moral" and "good hearted" to accepted £20,000 from a regime that murders gay people and stones women as payment to shill for them on television, as Corbyn did?

Love how when its Corbyn people can fixate on him being gifted money from Iran.

When Clinton kisses the asses of Saudi Kings - who behaead gays, behead protestors, behead journalists, behead every ****ing person who isnt an opressed slave to the Saudi Kingdom- all day long and is the ***** of the fat cat corporates. They pay her thousands just to blab for them and vote for bills in their favour. Dont see the outrage or media attention here. :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
AlexanderHam clearly believes this was a train entirely staffed from the Corbyn front office

Has the entire train come forward to support Corbyn's story? No? Then what on earth are you banging on about?

but with a Virgin camera crew of impeccable honesty filming the proceedings for posterity.

You do realise that CCTV is a camera mounted on a wall, and that there is no "camera crew"? :wink:
Original post by The Awakener
Love how when its Corbyn people can fixate on him being gifted money from Iran.

When Clinton kisses the asses of Saudi Kings all day long and is the ***** of the fat cat corporates. They pay her thousands just to blab for them and vote for bills in their favour.

It's completely unclear how Clinton taking money from a regime that stones women and murders gay people (Saudi Arabia) makes it okay for Corbyn to take money from a regime that stones women and murders gay people (Iran)

If anything, bringing it up in those terms exposes you as a total hypocrite who defends one while criticising the other. By the way, you do realise neither Bill nor Hillary Clinton are in British politics?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
Yup, it's started, you are definitely paranoid.

Mentally-ill people often project their own psychopathologies onto others. I don't take it personally that you are this way
Has the entire train come forward to support Corbyn's story? No? Then what on earth are you banging on about?

You do realise that CCTV is a camera mounted on a wall, and that there is no "camera crew"? :wink:

People have simply had sufficient experience of the rail franchises not to believe a word they say, or an image they circulate.

Those pictures were posted at 11:26, so it doesn't disprove anything.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
People have simply had sufficient experience of the rail franchises not to believe a word they say, or an image they circulate.

Paranoid conspiracy theorists are always able to incorporate into their paradigm any new evidence that contradicts their worldview as any contrary evidence is "clearly manufactured" to "perpetuate the conspiracy".

Who needs logic and evidence when you can simply assume that it's all part of the cover-up? Anyway, that's a good cue for me to head out for the night.

/micdrop
Taking advice from you about how to express myself in the English language would be like taking advice about good parenting from a convicted paedophile. Your diction and prose style is all over the place; it's crude and imprecise, and not at all persuasive.

I will give you some advice though; before you tell someone to stop doing something on the basis of it driving you up the wall, ask yourself first, "Does he give a **** what I think?". If the answer to that is no, then refraining to open your gob (figuratively speaking) might be your best option. Then again, I'm not here to tell people what to do; feel free to make your own decision on that score.
Don't see why. But again, you fail to state that this "fact" is actually your opinion. And it wasn't how to express yourself that I was giving you advice on, you're very good at that: you're completely anti-Corbyn regardless of what he has or hasn't done. He is the devil to you. So yes you are very good at self expression. But I do find that arguing/debating is not your strongest point (compared to Corbyn-hate that is). Because I'm getting more insulting and blind opinions than actual facts/points. I'm just going to ignore your insults towards me; but I would like you to consider this: if English was an additional language to me (which it may or may not be) would you regard your insult their as racism. If you were, say, of Pakistani origin, and you'd learned English as an additional language, would you feel that being told:
"Taking advice from you about how to express myself in the English language would be like taking advice about good parenting from a convicted paedophile. Your diction and prose style is all over the place; it's crude and imprecise, and not at all persuasive."
was in fact a racist remark? I'm just interested to know.
Original post by MildredMalone
Those pictures were posted at 11:26, so it doesn't disprove anything.

Indeed. What it looks like is a few people bending/sitting down to take a selfie/picture with Corbyn, not actual evidence that it was so crowded that there were people sitting next to him on the ground.

All of the bellyaching and conspiracy theorising from the Corbyn crowd doesn't alter the fact that the pictures clearly show Corbyn walking through a carriage of mostly free, unreserved seating at around 11:10am, after which he went to do his staged photo op, then returning to that same carriage around 11:40am to take one of the empty seats he'd earlier passed.
It's completely unclear how Clinton taking money from a regime that stones women and murders gay people (Saudi Arabia) makes it okay for Corbyn to take money from a regime that stones women and murders gay people (Iran)

If anything, bringing it up in those terms exposes you as a total hypocrite who defends one while criticising the other. By the way, you do realise neither Bill nor Hillary Clinton are in British politics?
And where has he defended Corbyn? It seems to be that you believe any poster that isn't staunchly anti-Corbyn is both completely deluded and a member of momentum!

I neither support Corbyn or the labour party, but I'm entitled to my opinions and I do not care for you to mock either mine or anyone else's on that basis.
I'm not denying trains can be crowded, I know since I use them often enough.

But fabricating a story about a company's service isn't acceptable and Virgin were absolutely right to publish this.
Original post by 04MR17
But I do find that arguing/debating is not your strongest point

You shouldn't confuse your own unwillingness or inability to actually grapple the facts pleaded in response with someone failing to offer up contradicting facts at all. The way to judge these things, naturally, is by the perception of observers; I'd reckon if asked they'd tell us I whipped you.

Edit: Oh look, here's one now. @JamesN88 Who do you think was the more persuasive and the more substantially correct, between 04MR17 and I, from what you observed on the Corbyn thread the other day?

was in fact a racist remark? I'm just interested to know.

And we're off. I was wondering how long it would take for you to reach for something like that. Anyway I have a reservation so I really should stop wasting time on here. Good night
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by InnerTemple
If there are such an abundance of available seats in that carriage, then why do we see people standing in the vestibule?

I sometimes don't bother getting a seat if my stop is the next one, or I'll go stand in the vestibule when the train nears the station.
Have you ever actually used a train? People stand in that area when the train is about to pull into a station.

I've used that very service. The first stop is York... over an hour away when the picture was taken.

Maybe they all wanted to be really well prepared and ready to get off?

Original post by MildredMalone
I sometimes don't bother getting a seat if my stop is the next one, or I'll go stand in the vestibule when the train nears the station.

See above
You'll be pleased to know that I’ve ruled out the meaningless insults.
You shouldn't confuse your own unwillingness or inability to actually grapple the facts pleaded in response with someone failing to offer up contradicting facts at all. The way to judge these things, naturally, is by theperception of observers; I'd reckon if asked they'd tell us I whipped you.
Neutral observers yes. By the way, well done for including an “I’d reckon”.
Edit: Oh look, here's one now. @JamesN88 Who do you think was the more persuasive and the more substantially correct, between 04MR17 and I, from what you observed on the Corbyn thread the other day?
Do you seriously believe that this user comes with a neutral perspective given the views he’s expressed towards Corbyn?P.S. I’m not finished on that discussion either.
And we're off. I was wondering how long it would take for you to reach for something like that. Anyway I have a reservation so I really should stop wasting time on here. Good night
Successfully evaded the question welldone (you could be a politician). Can I just point out that I wasn’t accusing you or anyone else of racism; I was actually interested in the answer: is that too much to comprehend?
Your character summarises what I believe is wrong with politics in the modern age. Everyone is more concerned with insulting each other than developing a meaningful discussion.
Hilarious watching so many right wingers having a **** fit over this.

The government could announce that Downing Street has actually been selling crack out of a drive-through window in the back with Hammond sucking dick for an extra two quid, and at BEST these same right wingers might say "oh wow" out loud and onto the next. ****ing unbelievable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending