The Student Room Group

Where to go young couples holiday

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going on our first holiday next year. We want to go somewhere that has a beach, nightlife, and lots to do and see we want it to be relaxing but not boring. However, don't want a crazy holiday like all the stereotypical places such as Ibiza zante maga the usual. Would be ideal if the place had culture and restaurants. We will be flying from Liverpool or Manchester around August. Thank you for your help
Reply 1
Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going on our first holiday next year. We want to go somewhere that has a beach, nightlife, and lots to do and see we want it to be relaxing but not boring. However, don't want a crazy holiday like all the stereotypical places such as Ibiza zante maga the usual. Would be ideal if the place had culture and restaurants. We will be flying from Liverpool or Manchester around August. Thank you for your help
Dubai is great, but so is Majorca and the Maldives.
Original post by CiaraMae

Tenerife is a nice place to start? I think I went to Los Cristianos with my girlfriend, but anywhere in the Canary Islands is nice! Other than that, Marmaris in Turkey is a good one :biggrin:
Uzbekistan
Maga
Prague is really good and really cheap but no beach

Also really enjoyed Tunisia but there is 0 nightlife and we ended up staying in the resort and doing loads of activities during the day (scuba, etc)

Anywhere that has a beach and nightlife is going to be stereotypically touristy place.

Maybe somewhere on the canary islands (tenerife, lanzerote, etc) as they are not overrun with tourists to the extent of ibiza, maga, etc
(edited 7 years ago)
The bedroom. :colone:
If you are not worried about far distance, you can go to visit some islands in Southeast Asia such as Bali (Indonesia), Koh Samui (Thailand), Phu Quoc (Vietnam).You can read this article http://www.sooperarticles.com/travel-articles/travel-reviews-articles/explore-five-stunning-islands-southeast-asia-1510801.html

Hi CiaraMae!

Sounds like you've got some great ideas for what you'd want out of a holiday!

What are your restrictions in terms of how far you'd like to travel, length of time away, and rough budget?

Spain is a great option for the beach and nightlife combo, and transport to and from is usually reasonably priced. Whereabouts in Spain, or elsewhere, though can come down to what your other interests are. Do you have any specific interests in culture/music/food/nature?

If you have any questions, let me know.
Always here to help!

Happy travels,

Mariah

Mariah Mathew
Topdeck Travels
www.topdeck.travel
Tenerife hands down.

best of everything, always cheap/hot.
I love it.
Bognor Regis.
Venice.
Reply 13
Original post by Topdeck Travel
Hi CiaraMae!

Sounds like you've got some great ideas for what you'd want out of a holiday!

What are your restrictions in terms of how far you'd like to travel, length of time away, and rough budget?

Spain is a great option for the beach and nightlife combo, and transport to and from is usually reasonably priced. Whereabouts in Spain, or elsewhere, though can come down to what your other interests are. Do you have any specific interests in culture/music/food/nature?

If you have any questions, let me know.
Always here to help!

Happy travels,

Mariah

Mariah Mathew
Topdeck Travels
www.topdeck.travel

Hello thank you for your help. We are looking at around 10 nights and would love somewhere where there is lots to do as well as just chilling on a beach although water sports would be good and a bit of culture and music. We don't have a budget yet we are seeing what prices are and seeing what's affordable from there
Hello thank you for your help. We are looking at around 10 nights and would love somewhere where there is lots to do as well as just chilling on a beach although water sports would be good and a bit of culture and music. We don't have a budget yet we are seeing what prices are and seeing what's affordable from there

Hey there,

If you're looking for culture, restaurants, nightlife, and water sports by the beach, have you considered Greece? Perhaps a sailing trip or island hopping? Athens has a lot of cultural and historical sites, but the country also offers diverse water sports and world-class beaches. It's not an expensive country to holiday in either, so flights, accommodation, and general spending is very reasonable-if not cheap.

Similar trips can be done in Croatia and the south of Spain.

There are many organised trips you can do that take away the stress of planning, but if you prefer to travel by yourself looking at these kind of trip itineraries are a great way to plan your own holiday if you want to follow a similar structure and see what the best things to do may be.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Happy travels!

Mariah
Topdeck Travel

I'd say look into southern California around Carlsbad it's got all you want without the chaos and traffic of LA
they have just about everything in the decent stores at the malls

Quick Reply

Latest