The Student Room Group

English Literature Coursework advice

Hey everyone,
I know this may seem like a silly question but I'm struggling.
What I'd like to know is, when you're preparing/researching for your coursework essays do you write or copy out notes from study guides or do you just begin planning after reading through and gathering your notes since with coursework it can be continuously updated. I feel like I'm preparing for my coursework as I would do for an exam.
Original post by Cherry82
Hey everyone,
I know this may seem like a silly question but I'm struggling.
What I'd like to know is, when you're preparing/researching for your coursework essays do you write or copy out notes from study guides or do you just begin planning after reading through and gathering your notes since with coursework it can be continuously updated. I feel like I'm preparing for my coursework as I would do for an exam.

I would approach it by reading the question and then going through notes and making a note of where relevant bits of information are rather than copying it down, saves a bit of time and effort, and kind of mentally planning (or writing down ideas) as I think of them and as I go through the notes.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I would approach it by reading the question and then going through notes and making a note of where relevant bits of information are rather than copying it down, saves a bit of time and effort, and kind of mentally planning (or writing down ideas) as I think of them and as I go through the notes.

Ah, thanks for your help x :smile:
The notes I have are from study guides so I guess I'll have to make a note of where relevant bits are from the study guides and other sources from research.
Original post by Cherry82
Ah, thanks for your help x :smile:
The notes I have are from study guides so I guess I'll have to make a note of where relevant bits are from the study guides and other sources from research.

Ultimately do what works best for you :h:
The other thing I would say when doing any coursework/essays is to research how it is marked and how you get the top marks. What kind of analysis you need to do, if any, historical context etc.

Quick Reply

Latest