The Student Room Group

Pregnant at sixth form, help!

Scroll to see replies

Again I hate to rain on your parade, not that it's any of your business anyway but just to clear things up... I've only slept with one person and we have been together for over 3 years. There is no concern over who the father is whatsoever. As for my mother she is not judgemental and fully supports mine and my boyfriends relationship. She isn't ashamed at all just blessed to be a grandmother for the first time to a precious little child. Not that it's any of your business at what grades I got but I think just to help you straighten out your misconception of me I got an A and 2 B's and I plan on studying law with politics. Now that's all cleared up I would appreciate you disappearing from this thread :biggrin:
Original post by Helenia
Well, you seem happy that it'll all be fine, and I really hope it is. I'm not trying to doom-monger, but I've seen plenty of ladies post-delivery and doubt many of them would be bouncing back to college within a few days! Just be realistic and don't brush concerns under the carpet.

Most places will induce at between 41+3 and 42 weeks, unless there's a medical reason to do it beforehand. "Feeling uncomfortable" isn't a reason.

It's a boy, but we're still stuck for names, hoping inspiration will strike when he arrives! I have to say one of the things I'm looking forward to most is not being pregnant any more!

Fair enough, I will have to be realistic and prepare for things not to go to plan as well I guess. Your input has been very helpful so thank you and I hope everything goes well with your birth xx
Just remember, when people are talking about you and your feeling down, YOU are doing this for your BABY'S future and YOUR future, too many people would have dropped out if this in situation but stand proud for continuing to strengthen the foundation of your life!

PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!

love, Florence <3
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
She is an amazing mother and believe me I am very grateful! She has made it possible for me to continue with education and pursue my dreams whilst being able to have my very own little bundle of joy :h: X

Aww bless. Best wishes to both of you and your future baby :smile:
Congratulations, and good luck.
16 and if you even read my first post its for advice from people in situations similar to me and on what to do at school when hating people like you try to put me down. It turns out I'm stronger than what I thought and not in tears so you may have just been the answer to this thread😂 I'm not going to waste anymore time replying to you but like I said before, I'm sending my love and hoping you can be a better person and learn not to spread hate and negativity as its no good for anyone. Please try and rethink your actions next time as your next target may not be as strong as I am and it isn't a very nice thing for you to be doing. I will be carrying on with my life as happy as larry whilst you clearly do not have that fulfilment in yours X
Original post by Iamflorence
Just remember, when people are talking about and your feeling down, YOU are doing this for your BABY'S future and YOUR future, too people would have dropped out but stand proud for continuing to strengthen the foundation of your life!

PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!

love, Florence <3

Thank you very much Florence! That is a very good approach to have which I'm sure I will adopt. It is for myself and my baby and it will all be worth it I'm certain. I won't be giving up so have no worries. Sending my love back <3
Original post by honour
Aww bless. Best wishes to both of you and your future baby :smile:

Thank you very much x
don't be that person who does *this*
get an abortion.
Original post by rockrunride
Congratulations, and good luck.

Thank you for your kind wishes X
Original post by Supersaps
My life doesn't need to turn out great - it already is great. Mostly due to my wife & two children. Thank you for the concern, however.

You don't half chat some **** though, mate.

Didn't your mother teach you 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?'

I'm really not sure what you're contributing to this thread. There's no semi-desperate girls for you to ask to PM you either, so I'm not exactly sure why you're here...

SS

You killed it! I'm so happy your life is great and you are truly fulfilled unlike this guy. It's rather sad the way he goes on but by the looks of things were both happy and content whilst he isn't.
Really not going to stoop down to you level. But seriously?? Looking for arguments to start on a thread on something that clearly doesn't interest you. Why are you here? A hoe is also someone who sleeps around and as I have already said I have only ever slept with one person so by no means am I a hoe.

OP, just ignore all the sad ugly virgins on this thread trying to drag you down. It's a wonderful thing that you've decided to keep the baby and not kill him/ her for no reason. I'm not your mother but I'm very proud of you and I have all confidence that you can pull through this well. It sounds like you've got a brilliant family and friends around you and I wish all the best in your future
Reply 52
I've recently found out that I'm pregnant:s-smilie: it came as a bit of a shock but since I've decided I'm going to stay at sixth form for my last year whilst my mum looks after the baby. She will then continue looking after him/her when I go to university next September. The university I'm planning to go to is only a 40 min drive from my house so I will still be able to live at home. I've thought things over a lot and I think my mind is made up. I'm due at the end of March/beginning of April which luckily falls around Easter half term so the plan is to have the baby and go straight back after the 2 weeks holiday. Financially my boyfriend is going to play a massive part and my parents too.

I'm rather nervous as to what people are going to say about me at school as I don't think there has ever been a pregnant girl at my sixth form college. I'm afraid people are going to look down on me and think my life is ruined even though I'm very blessed to be able to have a child and still continue education. I know it's going to be difficult but I'm rather a tough cookie and with such a supportive partner and family I think everything will work out.

Has anyone else had or been a pregnant sixth form student and if so how did people react and how did you deal with it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated and I will reply to everyone

You can do it!
But even if you can't, it's not the end of the world. Go raise your baby and come back from education. I'm just getting into university at the age of 23. There's loads of time for you to get on. Don't worry about it. And don't listen to the people who judge you, people will have opinions but those who care don't matter and those that matter don't care.
Good job with not aborting and good luck!
it's nice that you're not letting this stop you from continuing education, good luck and screw what anyone says, just stay focused :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow you must've had balls to become pregnant at the sixth form...

Whats the avarage age for a sixth form student ?

Sorry dont live in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've recently found out that I'm pregnant:s-smilie: it came as a bit of a shock but since I've decided I'm going to stay at sixth form for my last year whilst my mum looks after the baby. She will then continue looking after him/her when I go to university next September. The university I'm planning to go to is only a 40 min drive from my house so I will still be able to live at home. I've thought things over a lot and I think my mind is made up. I'm due at the end of March/beginning of April which luckily falls around Easter half term so the plan is to have the baby and go straight back after the 2 weeks holiday. Financially my boyfriend is going to play a massive part and my parents too.

I'm rather nervous as to what people are going to say about me at school as I don't think there has ever been a pregnant girl at my sixth form college. I'm afraid people are going to look down on me and think my life is ruined even though I'm very blessed to be able to have a child and still continue education. I know it's going to be difficult but I'm rather a tough cookie and with such a supportive partner and family I think everything will work out.

Has anyone else had or been a pregnant sixth form student and if so how did people react and how did you deal with it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated and I will reply to everyone

Don't be too afraid about taking some time off Sixth Forum, I was unable to attend a huge chunk of year 13 this year, due to some personal reasons (I had 35% attendance) and still managed to get into my first choice university.This was also with 4 A levels (14 exams to do). I'm sure if you needed to take a few weeks extra off before or after to recover/prepare you could do so, as long as you take the time to catch up on the work at home - I'm sure your teachers/friends wouldn't mind helping you catch up on the work as well.

Wishing you all the best,
P
Thank you and lol at that description of them
:yeah: I'm glad you think it's a wonderful thing I'm doing and thank you for your wishes for the future too!
Original post by Kittydo
You can do it!
But even if you can't, it's not the end of the world. Go raise your baby and come back from education. I'm just getting into university at the age of 23. There's loads of time for you to get on. Don't worry about it. And don't listen to the people who judge you, people will have opinions but those who care don't matter and those that matter don't care.

I'm glad to hear your starting university and good luck with it! Thank you for your positivity and those words are very true.
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Whats the avarage age for a sixth form student ?

Sorry dont live in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey it's 16/17 in the first year and 17/18 in the second

Quick Reply

Latest