The Student Room Group

Pregnant at sixth form, help!

Scroll to see replies

OP congratulations and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
All I can say is good luck to you. Hope you do well in your A Levels. Hope you get into the University of your dreams. Hope the baby is everything you wanted. I especially hope you prove all the doubters on this chat wrong- they shouldn't decide that what is right to them is right for you. It's not something I would do, but if you're happy you're happy. Ignore all the negative people(and there is bound to be a lot). Be happy. Everyone's experience of life is unique and you are proving it. Take all the negativity with a pinch of salt because however it became about you are getting a gift.
At least you'll be able to apply for mitigating circumstances, lol
@LifeAfterAnjem

Thankfully for the poor OP, who no doubt is going through an emotional enough time as it is, you are not a significant figure in her life. She needs help and support not judgement and condemnation. She has done the morally right thing by not aborting and frankly I couldn't give less of a fig how other cultures perceive us. There is a reason Western society is superior human rights wise
Original post by Tiva4Eva
All I can say is good luck to you. Hope you do well in your A Levels. Hope you get into the University of your dreams. Hope the baby is everything you wanted. I especially hope you prove all the doubters on this chat wrong- they shouldn't decide that what is right to them is right for you. It's not something I would do, but if you're happy you're happy. Ignore all the negative people(and there is bound to be a lot). Be happy. Everyone's experience of life is unique and you are proving it. Take all the negativity with a pinch of salt because however it became about you are getting a gift.

Thank you for your encouraging words. Although it will be difficult to ignore those who are not important, I will definitely try my hardest! I'm also so glad you also view the baby as a gift as so many people view a young life as a burden when really it's an amazing gift as you said.
Didn't see the post he made but thank you for your support. It was undoubtably the most difficult decision of my life but I'm glad I've made it now and that it is the morally right one. Now I'm super excited and cannot wait to meet the little one and see what the future holds :tongue: X
Original post by Anonymous
Didn't see the post he made but thank you for your support. It was undoubtably the most difficult decision of my life but I'm glad I've made it now and that it is the morally right one. Now I'm super excited and cannot wait to meet the little one and see what the future holds :tongue: X

Thankfully it got removed and the user in question is now banned, he was just saying about how western society shouldn't be encouraging what you're doing (i.e: planning for the future and getting an education :facepalm2: and how other cultures look down on us for it)

Just some fool whose opinion wasn't relevant, pay it no mind. I am fully behind what you did and are doing and I'm honestly really glad for you, I wish you and you family the very best :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently found out that I'm pregnant:s-smilie: it came as a bit of a shock but since I've decided I'm going to stay at sixth form for my last year whilst my mum looks after the baby. She will then continue looking after him/her when I go to university next September. The university I'm planning to go to is only a 40 min drive from my house so I will still be able to live at home. I've thought things over a lot and I think my mind is made up. I'm due at the end of March/beginning of April which luckily falls around Easter half term so the plan is to have the baby and go straight back after the 2 weeks holiday. Financially my boyfriend is going to play a massive part and my parents too.

I'm rather nervous as to what people are going to say about me at school as I don't think there has ever been a pregnant girl at my sixth form college. I'm afraid people are going to look down on me and think my life is ruined even though I'm very blessed to be able to have a child and still continue education. I know it's going to be difficult but I'm rather a tough cookie and with such a supportive partner and family I think everything will work out.

Has anyone else had or been a pregnant sixth form student and if so how did people react and how did you deal with it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated and I will reply to everyone

There was a girl at my sixth form who was pregnant when she started her first year, she continued until December and then left and had her baby, I wasn't 100% sure why she bothered starting the first year but I had a lot of respect for her to be able to turn up when she was pregnant. Everyone at the school seemed to support her and I never heard anyone say one bad word about her. There was also a girl who fell pregnant at the end of the first year at sixth form and she didn't return to finish the second year - nothing bad was said about her either. I think you just need to focus on this baby and your education and not worry about what others say about you because at the end of the day you're going to be the best mother possible, no one else has the right to judge you as they haven't ever been in your shoes. Well done for keeping it and continuing education and I am so happy to hear that your mother is supporting you, at least you'll have her to lean on if someone does upset you.
Original post by oliviasmith11
There was a girl at my sixth form who was pregnant when she started her first year, she continued until December and then left and had her baby, I wasn't 100% sure why she bothered starting the first year but I had a lot of respect for her to be able to turn up when she was pregnant. Everyone at the school seemed to support her and I never heard anyone say one bad word about her. There was also a girl who fell pregnant at the end of the first year at sixth form and she didn't return to finish the second year - nothing bad was said about her either. I think you just need to focus on this baby and your education and not worry about what others say about you because at the end of the day you're going to be the best mother possible, no one else has the right to judge you as they haven't ever been in your shoes. Well done for keeping it and continuing education and I am so happy to hear that your mother is supporting you, at least you'll have her to lean on if someone does upset you.

Wow I'm so glad to hear nobody had anything bad to say about either of them, I'm very much hoping it will be the same for me. Thanks for your advice, I will be very much focusing on the baby and I alongside education and you've given me a bit of hope that maybe everyone won't be judging me. X
Reply 69
First of all congrats🎉, I was pregnant through my second year at college and just gave birth a few days ago. There had been others but not a lot who had been pregnant from my college but I hid it till round the 6 month mark because I didn't want to put up with judgment. Anyway I'm now off to uni later this month and I have a huge support Base so hopefully it won't be too hard.
Congratulations! I hope everything works out for you and your little one.X
Aww, wish you the best dearest xx
I'm sure you will be an amazing mother after reading how determined you are to support your child. Very inspiring to know there are young mothers who still are interested in staying in education as stereotypes give off otherwise. A girl in my year was pregnant, is 18 and had a beautiful baby boy a few weeks back. Though of course, most of us in my year would have wanted for her to wait until she was older, a bit more financially stable and married we didn't look down on her at all and even offered to babysit. Her son is just so damn cute and her boyfriend seems serious about them both. Then my good friend's cousin got pregnant at 17, delivering the baby at 18. Her family were very religious but loved her just as much. It was the family's friends that were judgemental. People were shocked because she was seen as the introvert girl with the 10A* at GCSEs so thought her future was ruined. She later showed everyone how wrong they were coming out with A*AA at A levels then graduating at uni with 2:1 to then become a dance teacher at the best performing arts school in the world- the Juilliard school.
Now she travels with her son as he is older and has given him the best she can, being a single mother. Hopefully a man who is as loving as she is could love her too.
Congratulations... you might have not expected to be pregnant but it happened and you cant do anything about it. God has a time and a reason for everything. I am very very proud of you for your bravery and you are truly and inspiration to many others. I hope things turn out to be the best for you and your little bundle of joy. I wish you the best of luck in 6th forum too. What is so great about you is that you are still continuing 6th forum despite your circumstance. I hope you get into a good university and continue to excel in your career so that you can build a blessed and fruitful future for your child and yourself. Don't let what other people think affect you, don't let their negative judgments rule you. Everything will figure itself out and I'll have you in my prayers tonight.
God Bless :smile::smile:
Congratulations! Focus on the excitement and getting through sixth form. Once you've had your baby, at least you have them to focus on instead of what other people think. People may whisper and talk about it a bit, at least at first, but who cares? You've brought a new life into the world and have all the support you need. It takes a hell of a woman to have a child and carry on with her studies. Focus on you, your studies, and your family. Take advantage of free childcare while you study. You seem to have a lot of things figured out already which is good. You're going to do great! All the best!
(edited 7 years ago)
My mum married the love of her life( my dad) then fell pregnant with me at the age of 17 going on 18. My dad supported her all the way through and they both focused really hard on their studies and jobs. Just focus on positives and just ignore other people if you get weird stares etc :smile: there will be good and tough times,but you will get through it.

There was another girl pregnant in my year11, but she dropped half way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am 7 months pregnant and am about to go into year 12 , how did it go in the end for you ???
My daughters also pregnant and going to 6th form. Hold your head high, being a teenager and a Mam and a student makes you more than amazing. There’ll always be gossips and negative people, they really aren’t worth acknowledging. Take care x
Hi, I'm actually 17 and wondering if you managed to complete sixth form? And how did uni go with a baby, I'm actually 16 weeks pregnant and in year 12

Quick Reply

Latest