The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Accommodation Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melin
Guys, I am starting this September and Exeter is my insurance choice, but I can not apply for accommodation, because i dont have a student ID. Anyone in the same position, knowing if I can get an accommodation somehow?

I think you should have got an email with your Exeter student number in. I don't know if they've sent these out for insurance students yet, might be worth emailing or phoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2101
Original post by milliethemoo
I think you should have got an email with your Exeter student number in. I don't know if they've sent these out for insurance students yet, might be worth emailing or phoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! Will do today. :smile:
Thanks. The state of my application is now 'Provisional', so I think they will give me an offer real soon.
Original post by eden3
Yes, I received accommodation in July, my offer also became unconditional in July. I received accommodation roughly about 6 days after my offer became unconditional.

I think for you guys (people that just finished their A-levels) they will start processing/giving out offers for accommodation starting from tomorrow onwards, as it's still the weekend right now.
Original post by penguinpenny
Thanks. The state of my application is now 'Provisional', so I think they will give me an offer real soon.

No problem, this is a good sign - they'll give you an offer within approximately the next 3 days.
Reply 2104
What does it mean when it says your application status is 'submitted', does that mean they're not processing it at the moment? (Exeter is my insurance choice btw)
Original post by bobbynojeans
Hi Anna- a similar thing happened to me with a different uni (I almost had a heart attack when I thought I had to pay!). I read the contract before signing for that reason and it said you are liable for the full rental amount unless someone else can fill your room (ie every room in the university hall that you applied for has been rented- you can't just give it to someone. At least on my understanding) There is also an admin fee of around £150-300 for withdrawing (Can't remember exactly sorry!) Good luck and best wishes for the future/:

On an unrelated note I've signed a contract for St Davids- does anyone have a photo of the rooms decorated??? I know the bare room they show on the website (which i hate) probably will not be what it ends up looking like- I just want a bit of an idea (;

Hi, from what I gather you only have to find another person to fill your room if you wish to resign but are still enrolled at the uni. I called SID twice to make sure I understand the agreement correctly, and they told me they will only charge admin fee of 150 pounds if I decide to cancel my contract due to my resignation from my place to study at the University of Exeter. They told me they will not charge me the whole amount of my contract (so I believe them). I hope it is going to be ok.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ktz98
What does it mean when it says your application status is 'submitted', does that mean they're not processing it at the moment? (Exeter is my insurance choice btw)

I think so. Don't worry mine's in the same state. So is my friends. Hopefully it gets sorted out before Friday
Reply 2107
Original post by Jack1066
I think so. Don't worry mine's in the same state. So is my friends. Hopefully it gets sorted out before Friday

Phew!

Original post by Ktz98

Yes that's correct - they haven't begun looking at your application yet. Once it says 'processing', they'll give you an accommodation offer after around 3 days later or less (that's how long it was for me). :smile:
Ugh still on submitted this is annoying
Ugh still on submitted this is annoying

It's ok man I know how frustrating it is haha - I sent my application in April and it wasn't in 'processing' status until July! (a few days before they actually gave me an accommodation offer)
Mine only just went to "processing" this morning, anyone know how long it will take now for me to be told my accommodation? Not really sure what "processing" means, are they looking at it right now?

Also - does the fact that mine's one gone "processing" today mean I'm less likely to be getting one of my choices? I did apply in April nearly as soon as you could. Are the batches they send out literally blocks of people in the same accommodations? I'd have thought my choices (quite popular ones) would be gone by now
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MelzoMan
Mine only just went to "processing" this morning, anyone know how long it will take now for me to be told my accommodation? Not really sure what "processing" means, are they looking at it right now?

Also - does the fact that mine's one gone "processing" today mean I'm less likely to be getting one of my choices? I did apply in April nearly as soon as you could. Are the batches they send out literally blocks of people in the same accommodations? I'd have thought my choices (quite popular ones) would be gone by now

I'm in the same boat as you, literally did my application a day after it opened. Mine is Processing now. My friend got offered his yesterday and it was for Point Exe, which he thinks wasn't one of his actual choices. I hope thats not true because I don't want to be stuck in some accommodation I didn't choose, through no fault of my own.

Still fingers crossed for Lafrowda
Original post by MelzoMan

Yes, processing means they are looking at your application now. I had the same problem... applied in April, and my offer didn't become unconditional until July, so I didn't get offered accommodation until July.

Look at my post earlier in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1750579&page=107&p=67165120#post67165120
www.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LimeFizz
Didn't get any of my four choices. Was offered point exe yesterday, they said everywhere else was full.

same here, I got Printworks, looks really nice though, i rang up and they said Lafrowda, St Germans, Birke's and Rowe house were massively over-applied
Didn't get any of my four choices. Was offered point exe yesterday, they said everywhere else was full.

me either, got point exe aswell :/
Anyone got into the Facebook groups for the different accommodation blocks? There seems to be 2 different groups for Lafrowda, not sure which one people are using?

I'm looking for people in Block N of Lafrowda by the way...

Well that f*cking sucks. Mine is still processing but I guess that means I'm getting the last possible accommodation. Some back alley shed for 6k. Whats the point in this stupid accomm preference list if they just give us any bloody accommodation thats left?!
@LimeFizz
@MelzoMan
@hedgehog98

Ah, sucks you guys didn't get your preferred accommodation :/

out of curiosity, was Exeter your firm or insurance choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending