The Student Room Group

I bumped a car no damage and left

A couple of days ago I bumped into a parked car whilst driving into a car parking space. I accessed the car and saw no damage whatsoever to mine or their car. However, a couple of people in cars could have seen the incident as well as a guy on a phone. The guy on the phone said that I should leave note, I asked the guy on the phone for a pen and he said he didn't have one (I didn't have one) so I parked next to the car I tapped and left for work and returned two hours later with a pen, but the car had gone.

I'm worried someone would have reported it as a hit and run.
Does anyone know the laws?
Original post by lw121x
returned two hours later with a pen, but the car had gone

Really? 2 hours later? Were you manufacturing the pen yourself?
How unlucky you were that the car had gone
Reply 3
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Really? 2 hours later? Were you manufacturing the pen yourself?
How unlucky you were that the car had gone

I was at work so I had to wait until my break
Reply 4
If there was no damage I doubt it will be an issue. People don't tend to report stuff like this, the fact that you parked up next to it probably made you look a lot less like you were trying to get away with it.

Don't worry about it, you can always deal with any fallout later if there is any.
Original post by lw121x
A couple of days ago I bumped into a parked car whilst driving into a car parking space. I accessed the car and saw no damage whatsoever to mine or their car. However, a couple of people in cars could have seen the incident as well as a guy on a phone. The guy on the phone said that I should leave note, I asked the guy on the phone for a pen and he said he didn't have one (I didn't have one) so I parked next to the car I tapped and left for work and returned two hours later with a pen, but the car had gone.

I'm worried someone would have reported it as a hit and run.
Does anyone know the laws?

Thats nothing, a few months back, I was attempting a parallel park, before it was too late to change my mind, my car bumped into the car behind. First, their was a small banging noise and I didn't know what to do, so just drove off.

Trust me, you'll be fine. Plus if there were witnesses, who nowadays can be bothered to report something like this, aint nobody got time for that.
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
Thats nothing, a few months back, I was attempting a parallel park, before it was too late to change my mind, my car bumped into the car behind. First, their was a small banging noise and I didn't know what to do, so just drove off.

Trust me, you'll be fine. Plus if there were witnesses, who nowadays can be bothered to report something like this, aint nobody got time for that.

No damage so nothing to worry about in any case regardless, it's culturally unacceptable for people to snitch on people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending