The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CR7_
I don't get why people are saying it doesn't feel real. Don't you get results after exams? It's not new, is it?!

It doesn't feel 'real' because these are actually the biggest exam results will have and our first qualifications! Of course after a mock exam we get results but getting GCSE results seems surreal as we spent 5 years for this moment studying and it will be here in just over a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am exited
sooo exited
should I look at the grade boundaries? idk what I got in the exams
except for maths I think I remember counting up the marks to be somewhere between 70 and 90 for both edexcel papers lol my memory is terrible
Original post by DamnDaniel2
It doesn't feel 'real' because these are actually the biggest exam results will have and our first qualifications! Of course after a mock exam we get results but getting GCSE results seems surreal as we spent 5 years for this moment studying and it will be here in just over a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And it's the first time we've waited 2 months for results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by francis_e_c
So did I! I'm awful at French (it's my worst subject) but I didn't find the exam *that* bad. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw really? I'm pretty sure you're great at it and will have done brilliantly! :smile: But yeah, I didn't think the exams were that bad compared to other years, but i guessed most of it! If the grade boundaries for cw stay the same then I should have gone an A* for both my writing and a B and an A for my two speaking so I hope I've done enough to get at least a B so I can do it at A-level, Good luck!
I'm feeling very anxious! I guess luckily for me it's not my first time getting proper results as I sat my English literature and Maths GCSE a year early so I've already had the panic last year of waiting to pick them up from the school.

But that was only 2 results, this time it's way more! :frown:
Original post by strongcurrent
I did AQA, can't remember what courses but yeah, you can only drop 4-5 marks! And 4-5 marks are SPaG. So, if you are bad at SPaG and loose all marks for that then you can only drop 1 content mark!!

Is that religious studies B - you had to answer questions on 4 topics?
Original post by -harambe-
bush did harambe

Harambe wasn't just a Gorilla
Original post by Kxjzh
And it's the first time we've waited 2 months for results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! The wait is nearly over omfg! Super nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starlight15
Harambe wasn't just a Gorilla

he was greater than himself
Original post by xoDancerxo
Aw really? I'm pretty sure you're great at it and will have done brilliantly! :smile: But yeah, I didn't think the exams were that bad compared to other years, but i guessed most of it! If the grade boundaries for cw stay the same then I should have gone an A* for both my writing and a B and an A for my two speaking so I hope I've done enough to get at least a B so I can do it at A-level, Good luck!

Wait is this EdExcel? Because I got 2A*s in my writing and an A and a B in my speaking ahaha. I already found out what I got in the reading and listening :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know if wjec is releasing the grade boundaries at midnight? (sorry if this has already been answered but i really cba to look through all these pages)
Original post by shohaib712
Am I the only that feels fairly calm about results day - I'm not super panicked about the results I get but just where I'm going to open my results :biggrin:

You're not alone. I'm more nervous about how I'll actually open them too! :biggrin:

Thanks! I hope you get the grades you need to get. My teacher didn't even tell me the marks for my coursework, only that it was good enough for me not to redo it, which could mean anything!

I got a U in the mock but because coursework is weighted heavily I came out with a C for my mock grade, but as this exam, as you said, was easier compared to other years, I'm hoping for a B but still anticipating a C!

I've heard languages at a-level are really hard too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What time are Edexcel going to release the grade boundaries?
Original post by alihawa
What time are Edexcel going to release the grade boundaries?

No one knows for definite :iiam:
What I know so far

AQA - 8am
Edxecel - 6am (rumor)
OCR - ???
WJEC - ???
(edited 7 years ago)
Is that religious studies B - you had to answer questions on 4 topics?

No, it was RS A Units 4&5 I believe :h:
Original post by Starlight15
What I know so far

AQA - 8am
Edxecel - 6am
OCR - ???
WJEC - ???

Where did you hear about EdExcel posting the GB at 6am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait
Good luck guys :smile:
I hope the grade boundires are low

Spoiler

Latest