The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am so annoyed.

Literally.

I understand fully that all the grade boundaries I have seen are the real grade boundaries.
But I am not having this.
Original post by fatima1998
haha, depends on the level of difficulty as well :tongue: if candidates find it easy then the GB will go up :redface:
did you get any question like "Hannah's sweets" one :lol: it triggered everyone last year
i also count :mmm:

no hannah didnt come back to haunt us lool hence the boundaries are soo high ! haha
If any relief can be found; it does look like the maths boundaries inflating are not representative of any wider trend. Although I note and exclude Spanish - I not that many of the boundaries for subjects such as Geography seem stagnant and similar to last years.

Maybe we have just all over performed in maths - because we are like brilliant people?!? I know... ever the optimist.
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I am so annoyed.

Literally.

I understand fully that all the grade boundaries I have seen are the real grade boundaries.
But I am not having this.

I'm so pissed right now, I counted 168 being fairly strict, and they're the highest they've ever been.
Now to wait for AQA English...
I'm okay with most of the bounaries for mu subjects actually, 169 for A* in OCR linear maths is pretty good as the papers were quite nice, the OCR computing needing only 53 out of 80 for an A* is crazy low also. I also thought the science ones were okay on the most part by OCR, apart from chemistry C7 which is 52/60 for an A*, ridiculous for that. Also, B7 only has a 3 mark gap per grade which is very close together?
Original post by ColossalAtom

AQA are a charity; probably asleep already. Or drinking champagne - laughing at the demise of their customers. Anyway... I think you'll be waiting for the later in the morning for any activity from AQA!

literally yes... won't be able to sleep anymore
I get the exams were easier this year but not easy enough to make it 15 more marks for an A*
All I wanted was a B.
Now I can't do two of my A-Levels.
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
AQA are a charity; probably asleep already. Or drinking champagne - laughing at the demise of their customers. Anyway... I think you'll be waiting for the later in the morning for any activity from AQA!

:rofl:
you know a lot about exam boards :lol:
Original post by antoca
I get the exams were easier this year but not easy enough to make it 15 more marks for an A*

Since we're the last year I knew EdExcel would do something like this. I thought they would either mess us up with high GBs or be kind with low GBs and unfortunately it wasn't the latter :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3773
Btw, aqa isn't being released till 8am
Original post by strongcurrent
All I wanted was a B.
Now I can't do two of my A-Levels.

you can always resit them in November and can do 3 years of A levels instead of 2 :yep:
Original post by JoeMcG
I'm so pissed right now, I counted 168 being fairly strict, and they're the highest they've ever been.

An A doesn't make you some sort of peasant, take it easy, a lot of people would be ecstatic over an A.
Edexcel... You not my friend
Thinking of all you edexcel guys, it sucks that the exam board would do something like this. Hopefully they go a bit lighter on the marking. I have my fingers crossed for you all! :console:
The sciences for Edexcel is crazy though.
The sciences for Edexcel is crazy though.

Yh especially physics. Since when was physics on par with biology? This year they gave the worst physics papers, worse than last year and instead of getting lower GBs they increased it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest