The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
you can always resit them in November and can do 3 years of A levels instead of 2 :yep:

Looks like I'm resitting Maths.
AQA's come out at 8am everyone.
Thank you sincerely
Original post by T0ucan
Thinking of all you edexcel guys, it sucks that the exam board would do something like this. Hopefully they go a bit lighter on the marking. I have my fingers crossed for you all! :console:
Original post by fatima1998
you can always resit them in November and can do 3 years of A levels instead of 2 :yep:

If I resit the exam would I still be allowed to get on the course this year?
Everyone's stressing about maths and I'm honestly dying over music - why so cruel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blobar
An A doesn't make you some sort of peasant, take it easy, a lot of people would be ecstatic over an A.

Maybe. However, I need an A* to do Further Maths as an AS level!
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Yh especially physics. Since when was physics on par with biology? This year they gave the worst physics papers, worse than last year and instead of getting lower GBs they increased it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I was thinking! Maybe we just have to accept the monstrosity that is the grade boundaries

I'm literally on that exact page and I see nothing.
the r.e one of the papers was 81/84 for an A* THATS LITERALLY spag marks for one question taken away from the total marks of the paper, thats so unfair.. i donteven care anymore im going to bed and will check tomorrow morning if their on the website yet
Original post by JoeMcG

Same here! Im super annoyed cos im probably 1-2 marks off an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeMcG

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

its real just accept it, they would've used a template to make the document and just didn't bother removing that word from the url. it sucks but there's no point denying it just gotta come to terms with it
Original post by chloechurcher
Exactly what I was thinking! Maybe we just have to accept the monstrosity that is the grade boundaries

I guess EdExcel really went for it. Absolutely upset by the GBs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im so shook at the edexcel grade boundaries, the science grade boundaries are a JOKE! and wtf at RE i can only lose 3 marks for an A* GIBBERISH I SAY! hope i wake up tomorrow and AQA grade boundaries put a smile on mi face
Wjec linear maths is ****ing ridiculous :'( 163/200 for an a* what the actual ****
Well.. tbf we we're all expecting this cause compared to last year the exam papers were alot eaiser and had less demanding questions.

All we can do now is pray that the examiners weren't harsh on marking.

Wish u all the best of luck on Thursday!

Good Night
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Blobar
An A doesn't make you some sort of peasant, take it easy, a lot of people would be ecstatic over an A.

I don't think they're saying that. I just think they're disappointed, as many are, after we worked and worked to get that A* and then the boundaries are the highest they've ever been. It's like someone who was desperate for a B getting a C, or someone desperate for a C getting a D - just because they're aiming for an A* and got an A, despite it being an amazing grade, they still have every right to be disappointed in my opinion :smile:
Original post by alihawa
If I resit the exam would I still be allowed to get on the course this year?

ummm nope, you have to wait until next year because if you resit the exam in November and you'll get the results in January, so it's super late to do a course this year :redface:
you can always discuss with your teachers :yep:

Latest