The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blobar
Sure I get that but in theory getting an A rather than an A* isn't that bad as an A is already a great grade wheras getting a D when you need a C can be very much different.

I understand people may be disappointed as they should be, it shows how much they expect of themselves but it is nothing to be ashamed of.

I understand your point around getting a pass as opposed to a D is more important than getting an A* as opposed to an A, which is why I also included wanting a B and getting a C. In terms of how you get go about your academic career it won't change much, it's just a self of achievement and meeting your own goals. I'm sure someone who wanted a D and got an E would be annoyed at someone being disappointed with a C.

I'm sure everyone is pretty self-aware and self-informed than an A is an amazing grade, but if they've been achieving higher throughout the year and hoped higher for themselves, I don't think they'd feel ashamed but moreso disappointed! :smile:
Well at least I know I bagged at least an A in both my Spanish exams :h:
I thought I'd post a few things to cheer us up A little.
Pearson are sitting there like
1455757464651.jpg
It's rather antagonising really; that some so-called 'exam officers' (who at my school are reclusive creatures, bound to the School office, appearing only in the early days of June); have access to our results immediately at 12 o'clock tonight - bearing in-mind they had almost no part to play in our examination experience (albeit submitting a few forms). While we struggle to find scraps of information from dodgy exam board websites relating to just the boundaries our results are based on.
Original post by fatima1998
what did you pick for your A levels?

Business
Biology
Chemistry
Maths (Core)

The only things which will cut me short are the sciences if I don't get the B including core maths. So I retake maths I can do all my options. If not I'll have to change :/
These are some excellent memes tbh
OCR C7 grade boundary is a complete and utter joke. How the hell am I supposed to get an A* when 52/60is an A* ?!
Sign the petition to Lower The Grade Boundaries For Maths Edexcel Higher GCSE 2016! httpn goo.gl/Lx0sgf
GUYS, OCR SAID THEIR ONES WERE FAKE AND HD NOT BEEN PUBLISHED YET.

I hope it's the same for Edexcel, probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pelaitsc45
Pearson are sitting there like
1455757464651.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
just seen grade boundaries for edexcel foundation maths and i can honestly say i wont have got a c as
Original post by strongcurrent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Did they actually say that??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys. Anyone who has done ocr physics b. Why are the grade boundaries so damn high. P123 A* 2"15 was 52. Now it's 63????? Never has physics been that high
just seen grade boundaries for edexcel foundation maths and i can honestly say i wont have got a c
Doesn't higher grade boundaries mean, as whole we did better than last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Proof? Not saying you're lying, just need to be sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're joking... Those boundaries were ****ing good. You got a source?
LOL why does everybody think its fake. Its clearly real but if you want to be a conspiracies this could be an leak template.
Any Video Game fans out there might remember this lol.

Sources?

Original post by Daddyhughes111
These are some excellent memes tbh

Need to lighten up the mood :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest