The Student Room Group

Can I become a teacher?

I'm studying Business IT and am currently going into my 2nd year and I am enjoying the course. However recently I have began to think that I would be a good teacher and that I would enjoy it. I'm not sure in what capacity I want to teach but in a secondary school environment seems the most appealing.

If I finish my course what would I have to do to become a business studies or IT teacher?

Thanks, Niall
Original post by NiallBelfast
I'm studying Business IT and am currently going into my 2nd year and I am enjoying the course. However recently I have began to think that I would be a good teacher and that I would enjoy it. I'm not sure in what capacity I want to teach but in a secondary school environment seems the most appealing.

If I finish my course what would I have to do to become a business studies or IT teacher?

Thanks, Niall

Make certain you have a C in English, maths and science. The science is necessary for high school eductation.

If you've got these, along with your degree, you apply for a PGCE. Before you're accepted on, you'll be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy paper. You then complete the PGCE and become a qualified teacher.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Make certain you have a C in English, maths and science. The science is necessary for high school eductation.

If you've got these, along with your degree, you apply for a PGCE. Before you're accepted on, you'll be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy paper. You then complete the PGCE and become a qualified teacher.

I have the GCSE grades you mentioned, thats great I'm going to read up about that now.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending