The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gmus
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDYS-JUNE-2016.PDF these are the aqa ones
all i can say is WHAT THE **** BIOLOGY UNIT 1????? BOUNDARIES ARE ALMOST THE SAME AS CHEMISTRY WHICH WAS 10X EASIER AND ACTUALLY HAD RELEVANT QUESTIONS???

IKR !! and p2 it's ridiculous !! :angry:
Reply 81
Original post by nisha.sri
IKR !! and p2 it's ridiculous !! :angry:

oh god i havent looked at p2 im still fuming over bio... how bad is it?
For RE (Edexcel) Christianity + another religion, you need 81/84 for an A* :frown:
SCREW YOU AQA SCIENCE.... Urgghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
All of the science grade boundaries are unfairly high this year in my opinion :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmus
oh god i havent looked at p2 im still fuming over bio... how bad is it?

Very
Reply 86
Why are edexcel boundaries so high
Original post by Mez.
Why are edexcel boundaries so high

Grade boundaries are based on how well people did on the paper. So in this case,*many of you will have scored higher marks than you think you have. :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by usycool1
Grade boundaries are based on how well people did on the paper. So in this case,*many of you will have scored higher marks than you think you have. :smile:

I kinda knew that's how they did it, but will that mean it's harder to get the higher grades?:frown:
Original post by Allergic2Cyanide
SCREW YOU AQA SCIENCE.... Urgghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

On the plus side AQA Maths appears to be lower grade boundaries this year - well for Calc paper anyway, which is great. (Only slightly lower for non-calc paper). C grade is the same as last year for both though, unfortunately.
Original post by Mez.
I kinda knew that's how they did it, but will that mean it's harder to get the higher grades?:frown:

Good question. Personally, I always preferred harder papers because that way, the boundaries would be low and you could afford to get away with some silly mistakes. With easier papers, it tends to be more a test of how you cope under pressure than how well you know the content IMO.

Either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. :smile:*
Reply 91
Good question. Personally, I always preferred harder papers because that way, the boundaries would be low and you could afford to get away with some silly mistakes. With easier papers, it tends to be more a test of how you cope under pressure than how well you know the content IMO.

Either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. :smile:*

Thank you! :u:
Original post by WillMccL
On the plus side AQA Maths appears to be lower grade boundaries this year - well for Calc paper anyway, which is great. (Only slightly lower for non-calc paper). C grade is the same as last year for both though, unfortunately.

Haven't they gone up? I can see 62 for a C, compared to 55 last year?*
On the ccea link, it only has uniform marks - don't they release raw mark boundaries?
Original post by hannahly
On the ccea link, it only has uniform marks - don't they release raw mark boundaries?

I'm afraid that we've always struggled to find raw mark boundaries for CCEA.
I'm afraid that we've always struggled to find raw mark boundaries for CCEA.

Okay thanks anyway
can someone pls send me link of aqa ums calculator that works for gcse june 2016
Hi. Does anyone have a link for the AQA further maths grade boundaries?
aqa higher maths.jpg

For anyone interested, the grade boundary difference between 206 and 2015 for AQA higher maths (linear)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jonnyboy007
Haven't they gone up? I can see 62 for a C, compared to 55 last year?*

I thk perhaps you and i might have done a different paper jonnyboy as mine was out of 80.

Latest