The Student Room Group

Girl I like agreed to go out for a drink with me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StationToStation
Well... This is one of these things where it really just depends on whether she likes you or not, you know? If she doesn't she's probably going to think it's clingy, if she does she's probably going to think it's cute. Maybe make plans to do something else than just meet her in London so that she gets the impression that you're not just there for her.

Well I'm thinking maybe she likes me a little bit otherwise she wouldn't keep talking to me and she agreed to going out for drinks so surely thats a good sign.
Reply 21
if she is recently divorced with a child then she is on the prowl for a chap to fill in the daddy/man-of-the-house role - are you sure you want that? really?

if you just want to smash and dash (i don't judge) then at the very least you're going to need to put the idea in her head that you can fulfil the above or i doubt she'll want to know.
Original post by iThrow
if she is recently divorced with a child then she is on the prowl for a chap to fill in the daddy/man-of-the-house role - are you sure you want that? really?

if you just want to smash and dash (i don't judge) then at the very least you're going to need to put the idea in her head that you can fulfil the above or i doubt she'll want to know.

When I say recently divorced I mean that it happened at the start of the year. I don't think she's looking for a man of the house as her kids father is still around looking after the kid when she's working. I know this may sound like a lie but I am genuinely not interested in a "smash and dash" when I first met her I would agree that this was the case but since I've got to know her more I'd just be happy to spend time with her.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
When I say recently divorced I mean that it happened at the start of the year. I don't think she's looking for a man of the house as her kids father is still around looking after the kid when she's working. I know this may sound like a lie but I am genuinely not interested in a "smash and dash" when I first met her I would agree that this was the case but since I've got to know her more I'd just be happy to spend time with her.

start of the year is pretty recent.

it just doesn't sound to me like she's making the kinda effort to keep you off the market that she would be if she truly wanted you off the market.

like, this is an extreme example but say she met you and you took her out for a spin in your new porsche cayman, told her about these amazing holidays you take and showed her pictures of your massive 5 bed house which is too big for just you -- she's going to be hassling you every night, right? non-stop text barrage, i guarantee it.

by all means keep in touch and try to meet up for a drink but keep it casual man both in how u act around her and in how you're acting now - you're too smitten.
Original post by iThrow
start of the year is pretty recent.

it just doesn't sound to me like she's making the kinda effort to keep you off the market that she would be if she truly wanted you off the market.

like, this is an extreme example but say she met you and you took her out for a spin in your new porsche cayman, told her about these amazing holidays you take and showed her pictures of your massive 5 bed house which is too big for just you -- she's going to be hassling you every night, right? non-stop text barrage, i guarantee it.

by all means keep in touch and try to meet up for a drink but keep it casual man both in how u act around her and in how you're acting now - you're too smitten.

Yeah I probably am too smitten with her but I can't help it, but I am not showing her how smitten I am I'm not texting her all the time or anything like that.

As for keeping me off the market I don't think she's interested in a relationship yet with anyone and I'm fine with that I just want to meet up and see how things go.
I wouldn't specifically mention which hotel i'd just say i'm booking one. i'm not sure about the romantic relationship i think we just both want to meet up and see what happens she's recently separated from her husband (there is a bit of an age gap between us) and she looks after her kid most weekends so I understand why she can't meet up for a few weeks.

This is hilarious. How old are you anonymous?
Original post by Maths is Life
This is hilarious. How old are you anonymous?

Why is it hilarious? I'm 23.
Question is - why isn't it hilarious?
23?:mmm: you are not even at your prime dude.. just hit and dash (i dont judge) you will be in your prime at 25-30, at this age you will start to play the big leagues..for now approach everything with caution and prepare for the best yet to come..trust me on this, you will thank me later.
Original post by coolstudentdad
23?:mmm: you are not even at your prime dude.. just hit and dash (i dont judge) you will be in your prime at 25-30, at this age you will start to play the big leagues..for now approach everything with caution and prepare for the best yet to come..trust me on this, you will thank me later.

Regardless of my age and "smash and dash" do you think I should still make an effort to go and see her?
Reply 30
Suggest a conveniant day for you and if shes free then thats grand if not suggest another day.. how is that so tricky?
Original post by Napp
Suggest a conveniant day for you and if shes free then thats grand if not suggest another day.. how is that so tricky?

I'm scared of the response more than anything. When I spoke to her the other day I suggested going out for drinks and she said "when? I've got a few things on these next few weekends." I'm planning on messaging her either later this week or early next week asking if she wants to arrange a day but I dont want to come across as being pushy or clingy. And Im afraid incase she says no.
Reply 32
I'm scared of the response more than anything. When I spoke to her the other day I suggested going out for drinks and she said "when? I've got a few things on these next few weekends." I'm planning on messaging her either later this week or early next week asking if she wants to arrange a day but I dont want to come across as being pushy or clingy. And Im afraid incase she says no.

don't be open ended about it - you have to say the time/day yourself.

wrong way; "hi want to do something sometime? drinks? let me know"

right way; "hi im down your way saturday night with a few mates - come out for a drink!"

if she says no she says no, you shouldn't be afraid of it and you won't be the first ever person that gets rejected if she does.
Original post by iThrow
don't be open ended about it - you have to say the time/day yourself.

wrong way; "hi want to do something sometime? drinks? let me know"

right way; "hi im down your way saturday night with a few mates - come out for a drink!"

if she says no she says no, you shouldn't be afraid of it and you won't be the first ever person that gets rejected if she does.

I may try that but she knows that I'm free virtually most weekends. How about something like "I've got a free weekend next weekend so how about that drink you promised".

Quick Reply

Latest