The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering

I've got an offer from Southampton to study Mechanical engineering but after getting A*A*A at a level I'm thinking of reapplying to Imperial Bath and Bristol. I'm concerned that if I do take a gap year will it be productive since most gap year schemes are full and would it be really worth it since Southampton is good uni for engineering. Any thoughts?
Original post by _JOKER_
I've got an offer from Southampton to study Mechanical engineering but after getting A*A*A at a level I'm thinking of reapplying to Imperial Bath and Bristol. I'm concerned that if I do take a gap year will it be productive since most gap year schemes are full and would it be really worth it since Southampton is good uni for engineering. Any thoughts?

Why do you want to apply to other universities if you already have a decent offer?
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Why do you want to apply to other universities if you already have a decent offer?

I applied through UCAS extra so I only got to apply to Southampton. So I don't want to go uni this year and end up thinking I could've gone somewhere better like Imperial
Original post by _JOKER_
I applied through UCAS extra so I only got to apply to Southampton. So I don't want to go uni this year and end up thinking I could've gone somewhere better like Imperial

If you don't want to go to university this year, wait. It could be a waste of a year depending on what you make of it, or it might not.
Reply 4
Original post by _JOKER_

Southampton is a perfectly good university and there will be others with A*A*A on your course.

Keep with Soton.

Quick Reply

Latest