The Student Room Group

GCSE GRADE BOUNDARIES 2016?! Your thoughts

So as you are all aware the GCSE grade boundaries this year has been significantly higher than last years and previous years, I do the wjec board and thought this was an exclusive theme to only this board but apprentice by the looks of it most exam boards have experienced diabolically high grade boundaries which are asking for around 90% for an A*..

This has really upset me as I now know my chances of getting an A* in maths is extremely slim as you require 163/200 raw marks.. A 23 mark increase from last year

So grade boundaries are high due to us finding the exams "good" and gaining more marks, although I must admit some of this years papers were not as challenging as last years, in my opinion the exams were certainly not easy enough for such high grade boundaries as they are asking for pretty much perfect near full marks on papers :/ this is annoying as it may **** up my chance of doing maths a level as I need an A.. :frown: in my opinion I think the government is just using the fact the exams were slightly more straightforward as an excuse to lower the amount of students getting top grades
90% for an a* in what subject?
Original post by mass_
So as you are all aware the GCSE grade boundaries this year has been significantly higher than last years and previous years, I do the wjec board and thought this was an exclusive theme to only this board but apprentice by the looks of it most exam boards have experienced diabolically high grade boundaries which are asking for around 90% for an A*..

This has really upset me as I now know my chances of getting an A* in maths is extremely slim as you require 163/200 raw marks.. A 23 mark increase from last year

So grade boundaries are high due to us finding the exams "good" and gaining more marks, although I must admit some of this years papers were not as challenging as last years, in my opinion the exams were certainly not easy enough for such high grade boundaries as they are asking for pretty much perfect near full marks on papers :/ this is annoying as it may **** up my chance of doing maths a level as I need an A.. :frown: in my opinion I think the government is just using the fact the exams were slightly more straightforward as an excuse to lower the amount of students getting top grades

I'm so pissed off with literally every single grade boundaries. I'm gonna get a string of Bs now..
Original post by Starlight2000
90% for an a* in what subject?

Basically every subject is asking for that
All of the maths grade boundaries are high. :frown: People are saying how bad edexcel is but in reality they can still drop 30 marks for an A* and AQA can only drop 20 marks!! all of them are so high , good luck :colondollar:
Reply 5
for an A* in history its 79%???
None of my exams were 90% above for an a*.
Edexcel Maths was somewhat high, kinda disproportionate to the difficulty of the paper, although people must have done pretty well, otherwise they mostly looked like other years tbh.
How hard is it to get at least a C in English GCSE then?
How hard is it to get a C in English GCSE then?
Reply 10
history grade boundaries are 79% for an A* tho???
Original post by _lola.x
history grade boundaries are 79% for an A* tho???

This thread is 4 years old for a specification that no longer exists. Let it die.

Quick Reply

Latest