The Student Room Group

Low self-esteem while dating, regardless of IOIs

So i've met this amazing girl a month ago and already had two meets, one was which a real date i think. Both of our meets went amazing. Although i'm not that good in these things, but as far as i can tell, she's really interested. Already met her family, at the end of our date, she invites me in, smiling like crazy all the time, stuff like that. Somebody with more confidence would be all over her already, but yeah.. that's not me.

I just can't get over this feeling that i'm not good enough for her and stuff like that, i don't know why. Yes, i do have low self-esteem or confidence or whatever you want to call it. I don't have social anxiety or anything like that, i have no problems talking to girls, but i think as we're getting closer, i'm kinda scared that i would screw up this whole thing. I'm at this point where i should call and set up a new date, but something's holding me up.

How can you overcome something like this? Thanks very much.
Original post by chris_mm
So i've met this amazing girl a month ago and already had two meets, one was which a real date i think. Both of our meets went amazing. Although i'm not that good in these things, but as far as i can tell, she's really interested. Already met her family, at the end of our date, she invites me in, smiling like crazy all the time, stuff like that. Somebody with more confidence would be all over her already, but yeah.. that's not me.

I just can't get over this feeling that i'm not good enough for her and stuff like that, i don't know why. Yes, i do have low self-esteem or confidence or whatever you want to call it. I don't have social anxiety or anything like that, i have no problems talking to girls, but i think as we're getting closer, i'm kinda scared that i would screw up this whole thing. I'm at this point where i should call and set up a new date, but something's holding me up.

How can you overcome something like this? Thanks very much.

Just let it slide and see how it goes, ofcourse try your best but not too hard.
Christ, I want you to do one thing for my buddy. Read these quotations.

So i've met this amazing girl a month ago and already had two meets, one was which a real date i think. Both of our meets went amazing.

she's really interested.

Already met her family, at the end of our date, she invites me in, smiling like crazy all the time, stuff like that.

Read them? Good. Now go back and read them again, twice more.

You've got nothing to fear, and everything to gain. I know it's not easy, but stop worrying. Set up that third meet, and once again enjoy yourself in her company. At the end of the meet, kiss her.

You have done well mate.
Reply 3
Back your saveloy out and batter that
Reply 4
Looks good when you quote it, but of course these are not facts, just how i see it.
Looks good when you quote it, but of course these are not facts, just how i see it.

Believe it then. :smile:
This is a blessing in disguise. Cherish it.

You're remaining calm and outcome independent. Some guys would dream to naturally have that 'skill'.

It's positively benefiting your game because you're not going to become obsessive or contract oneitis and put her on some pedestal like she's worthy of being worshipped.

Don't change how you feel - after all things are going positively.

Oh and you are good enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending