The Student Room Group

Courses similar to natural sciences (biological)?

I'm looking for courses at top unis which are similar to natural sciences in a sense that you can combine various disciplines (biology, earth sciences and maths in particular.) I fancy the course at cambridge and ucl but I can't find other unis which have courses i like or can do with my a level choices (bio maths fmaths)
Any ideas?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by indecisiveness
I'm looking for courses at top unis which are similar to natural sciences in a sense that you can combine various disciplines (biology, earth sciences and maths in particular.) I fancy the course at cambridge and ucl but I can't find other unis which have courses i like or can do with my a level choices (bio maths fmaths)
Any ideas?

I have been through this sort if senario with my son wanting to study more than one science. I think you may struggle with only 1 science. Bath usually want 2 sciences. Did you do another science at AS and have dropped it? Could you continue with all 4 at your school, or at least start to and see how it goes?
Durham, Nottingham, Exeter, York, UCL all offer Natural Sciences but again with only 1 science you would only be on the biology pathway and other candidates may seem more suitable to them. What about liberal arts & sciences ay Birmingham?
I think that you should consider ringing individual unis (once clearing has finished) and ask them if you can apply with M FM B as only they can give you a proper answer. Some biological sciences courses may also give you the flexibility you want. Good luck!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest