The Student Room Group

Communications BA to Business/Management via MiM?

Hey all,

I'm a European student in London currently doing a BA in a communications/marketing discipline. While I'm not too happy with my university, networking and intern opportunities in the area and field are amazing and it seems easy to branch out a bit.

I have quite the international background due to moving lots as a kid (fluent in four languages), and my long-term career goals are really in international business/strategy management.

Would I be able to break into top notch firms and achieve a leading position if I was awarded first class honours (predicted) from my rather meh university but went on to pursue a MiM (or similar) from a top uni, UK or abroad?

Would top schools in England even consider me given my undergrad field and the lack of prestige of my undergrad (even in the case of scoring a first and interning in marketing/business dev), or should I reconsider and change my undergrad to a business discipline (abroad, because. Brexit)?

Open to any and all advice, thank you!
Where are you studying now and where do you want to study?
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
Where are you studying now and where do you want to study?

Now - London (I've only finished my first year and am now questioning whether to re-enrol or not), for postgrad ideally any top tier school in the UK. Other option for undergrad would be a private business & law school in Spain
Original post by latenovember
Now - London (I've only finished my first year and am now questioning whether to re-enrol or not), for postgrad ideally any top tier school in the UK. Other option for undergrad would be a private business & law school in Spain

What university are you currently studying at and which university do you want to study at?
Most unis will post their entry requirements on their website so check if you meet them. The uni you go to doesn't matter unless it's terrible.
Original post by alleycat393
Most unis will post their entry requirements on their website so check if you meet them. The uni you go to doesn't matter unless it's terrible.

Given I score a first, I would, seeing as Communications is technically a non-business field (which most MiMs ask for).
What would you consider a terrible uni though? Particularly in London? I'm really curious! Thank you
Original post by latenovember
Given I score a first, I would, seeing as Communications is technically a non-business field (which most MiMs ask for).
What would you consider a terrible uni though? Particularly in London? I'm really curious! Thank you

Anywhere that isn't recognised as a uni and is some form of educational institution that claims to get you a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending