The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni Accommodation

For Southampton uni what would people advice is a better accommodation to pick, Glen Eyre or City Gateway? Any help would be much appreciated ! thanks:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I picked Wessex Lane and Glen Eyre as my top two choices. They have a lot of good reviews. What course are you doing?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Conserve1000
I picked Wessex Lane and Glen Eyre as my top two choices. They have a lot of good reviews. What course are you doing?

Yeah I think I am going to put those two down as well, do you have to pick two choices then in case you don't get your first pick? I think I might put Glen Eyre as my first choice as have seen good reviews for it being very social atmosphere which is good!:biggrin: I am doing nursing what about you?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by HSMITH33
Yeah I think I am going to put those two down as well, do you have to pick two choices then in case you don't get your first pick? I think I might put Glen Eyre as my first choice as have seen good reviews for it being very social atmosphere which is good!:biggrin: I am doing nursing what about you?:smile:

I'm putting Glen Eyre, Wessex Lane, Mayflower, then City Gateway. All sound good and sure we'll all enjoy it wherever we go! I'm doing nursing in September too! See you there!
I really want to go to S so I went to an open day yesterday. We got to check out the accommodation, and I can tell you Glen Eyre felt like a bit of a prison with cheap breeze blocks and dingy rooms. If I were you I would go to Mayflower. The rooms were airy and spacious, with a nice city location and good atmosphere.
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right place. I have received an unconditional offer to Southampton University to study Mathematics. I have a question about accommodation and the various halls available. I wanted to attend one of the open days but as I live in France it was a little hard. I have applied for part catered so I have the choice between Highfield or Wessex Lane, have any one of you seen these two halls and could advise me to the benefits of both and the cons? And is either one nicer looking or more modern than the other? Thanks for any help
18 sleeps left to results day. Yaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh oooooooooooooo
Reply 7
Original post by HSMITH33
For Southampton uni what would people advice is a better accommodation to pick, Glen Eyre or City Gateway? Any help would be much appreciated ! thanks:smile:

Depends what factors are most important to you, I guess. What qualities do you want in your ideal accommodation?
Reply 8
Hey guys.. I submitted my application for halls a good few months ago and I still haven't been accepted.. Anyone know when this usually happens? Thanks
After results day they start dishing out accommodation (so they know their exact numbers, presumably)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by walibav
Hey guys.. I submitted my application for halls a good few months ago and I still haven't been accepted.. Anyone know when this usually happens? Thanks

After results day. If you have an unconditional offer you should have already received an accommodation offer
Hey guys :smile:

Best of luck for Thursday - You will of done brilliantly!

If you are still searching for your perfect accommodation in Southampton, we are down to our last studio apartments located in the heart of the City Centre! We offer a student experience like no other accommodation provider in Southampton.

Check us out here!

Sophie :smile:
www.vitastudent.com
Has anyone else received an accommodation offer, gone to sign the contract and spotted that the academic year is 2015-2016? Is this okay? Should I still accept? Ahhh
Original post by Laurah129
Has anyone else received an accommodation offer, gone to sign the contract and spotted that the academic year is 2015-2016? Is this okay? Should I still accept? Ahhh

Hi Laura, we're sorry to hear about the dating issue with your contract and can confirm that this shouldn't be the case. Please contact the Residences team directly and they'll be able to rectify things for you - you can reach them via phone: +44 (0) 23 80 595959 or email: [email protected].
We hope this helps.
Original post by University of Southampton
Hi Laura, we're sorry to hear about the dating issue with your contract and can confirm that this shouldn't be the case. Please contact the Residences team directly and they'll be able to rectify things for you - you can reach them via phone: +44 (0) 23 80 595959 or email: [email protected].
We hope this helps.

do you guys email when we have an offer for accomodation?
i'm scared im going to miss it
Original post by chickenfoot

Yeah I got an email :smile:
Original post by chickenfoot

Hi there, we do but we often see cases where these are missed or undelivered due to occasional incorrect contact information or, more commonly, spam filters placing these emails in junk folders.
As such, we strongly encourage everyone to check their account online once a day via this link. It's worth bearing in mind that you have 5 days from when the accommodation offer is made to accept it, so if you can't get online every 24 hours don't worry - just make sure you're checking regularly.

If you think it's likely that you won't be able to check frequently enough between now and mid-September, please let the Residences team know via the contact details mentioned above and they'll be able to help.
Original post by University of Southampton
We hope this helps.

Thank you, very helpful and all sorted now!:smile:
Hi guys, I've received my accomodation offer yesterday and it wasn't any of my preferences when making the application. I got liberty point (new premium ensuite bedrooms renovated for 2016/2017 term). The rooms inside look amazing (you have to look at the liberty living website for updated pictures) but I am not very keen on the outside. My initial choices were: Glenn eyre cat 1 & 2, mayflower cat 1& 2 and city gate. I am wondering if anyone would like to swap accomodations if they don't like what they were given?
Original post by konradsaja
Hi guys, I've received my accomodation offer yesterday and it wasn't any of my preferences when making the application. I got liberty point (new premium ensuite bedrooms renovated for 2016/2017 term). The rooms inside look amazing (you have to look at the liberty living website for updated pictures) but I am not very keen on the outside. My initial choices were: Glenn eyre cat 1 & 2, mayflower cat 1& 2 and city gate. I am wondering if anyone would like to swap accomodations if they don't like what they were given?

Hi mate, I also got put in Liberty which was not any of my preferences (glen 1,2 wessex 1,2 city) I sent the hotline an email but they just replied by saying the halls weren't that bad and I could apply to change once I got there which is a pain if you have to move around during freshes and miss stuff, they said it was due to these being the only en suite left which I find weird seeing as they have rooms to transfer to, all my mates going soton got their exact first choices and I applied in June so I'm struggling to understand why they put us here also, will probably phone later but I am pretty annoyed ngl don't know about you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending