The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsConnor_
My English lit remark was successful and have gone up to an A* from a B (up 2 marks) in that exam!!!! - now met my offer at Durham so fingers crossed they still have a place for me :s

Well done that's amazing! !! I'm also in a similar position with ocr english lit and I'm one ums off an a - I've sent it off to be remarked and I wanted to know how long the remark took you? ?
Original post by AngelicAmazing
Well done that's amazing! !! I'm also in a similar position with ocr english lit and I'm one ums off an a - I've sent it off to be remarked and I wanted to know how long the remark took you? ?

Thanks :smile: Sent it off for a Priority EAR remark (or 'review') on results day and my English teacher called me this morning (they exams officer told him first i think)
Original post by tcameron
Not sure whether to get a remark as I already met my uni place.
Got an A overall in geography and was predicted A* but in the A2 papers was 1 mark off the A* but in the second paper (4B) I somehow got an E which is equivalent to 17/60 marks. I was so confused when I saw this because all the questions range from 8-15 marks so I must have done really really terrible to only get 17 in total.
I felt it even went well so no idea where the E came from I feel it was unfairly marked. But is there any point as may not go up a grade still overall

I'd say just go for it, you have nothing to lose (except for a bit of money of course). Sometimes examiners completely mess up the marks students really deserve. If you feel like you deserve more than what you were given then I'd say send it off for a review - better safe than sorry
i just sent my edexcel law in for remark today!! so nervous
Has anyone heard anything from AQA? I sent my French paper off on results day, and I need 2 raw marks/3 UMS to get my firm uni place - but for a 'priority' service this is taking forever!
Original post by lizardpotato
Has anyone heard anything from AQA? I sent my French paper off on results day, and I need 2 raw marks/3 UMS to get my firm uni place - but for a 'priority' service this is taking forever!

Nope, I sent off my AQA French paper as well on results day and haven't heard anything - but then again I didn't send it for priority marking. I did check the AQA website and they said it should take 18 days for priority reviews and 30 days for non-priority reviews. Good luck!
OMG
I just got my exam script back for one of my Economics papers and found 5 to 7 raw marks that I should have very easily been given...

Definitely sending for remark.... can't believe it.
Original post by itsConnor_
My English lit remark was successful and have gone up to an A* from a B (up 2 marks) in that exam!!!! - now met my offer at Durham so fingers crossed they still have a place for me :s

Congrats on your results. I did the same paper (OCR English Literature) and am sooo desperate for the overall A*. I also got full marks on coursework but am on 89 UMS so 6 raw marks off for 102 UMS ffs
Got my English Lang ( Edexcel ) remark back and it stayed the same so have to keep my B grade . Thank god I got into my firm or it would be pretty gutted now :/
Original post by AngelicAmazing

I sent off my OCR english lit on results day and got it back yesterday it didn't go up to an overall A* but I am waiting for a copy of the script to see if my English teachers think it's worth appealing. Genuinely thought the exam went so much better than a mid B tg for coursework
Original post by Windies
OMG
I just got my exam script back for one of my Economics papers and found 5 to 7 raw marks that I should have very easily been given...

Definitely sending for remark.... can't believe it.

I thought it was 8?

The examiner obviously had a different opinion
Good luck
Original post by fefssdf
Got my English Lang ( Edexcel ) remark back and it stayed the same so have to keep my B grade . Thank god I got into my firm or it would be pretty gutted now :/

Would you not think about getting a copy of the script and getting an English teacher to double check it? My English lit also came back still a B but I am waiting for the script and if my teachers believe it's worth an A (for an overall A*) then I'll look into appealing it.
Original post by A-LJLB
I thought it was 8?

The examiner obviously had a different opinion
Good luck

I looked through the 16 marker again and realized that examiner missed even more marks lol.

I only need 4 mark boost so yh, hopefully it works out.

I'm surprised though at the incompetence of examiners considering this paper had short essays 12-16 marker being the largest...
Original post by Windies
I looked through the 16 marker again and realized that examiner missed even more marks lol.

I only need 4 mark boost so yh, hopefully it works out.

I'm surprised though at the incompetence of examiners considering this paper had short essays 12-16 marker being the largest...

They probably didn't think your answers were good enough for the marks you think they've missed?
whats the deadline for OCR? I'm 1 mark of a B in OCR class civ but I'm not sure if it's worth £55? Is there a cheaper option
Reply 115
Original post by ChrisP97
I've just received 3 remarks back, and it feels like it's harsher than in previous years. My 2 maths papers didn't change, my economics paper went up by 1 UMS. Exam board is edexcel

Maths wouldn't really go up, you have your working out and your answers so if they did change the mark then something in the original marking process is flawed. The only maths paper which might change after a remark is C4 otherwise 2+2 is always gonna equal 4.

Economics is hard again because it's marking structure is tight, the marks are allocated to certain aspects so it's not a large interpretation like for example an English lit exam script, remarks for English can get you from a D to an A at A-level (I've heard and seen this many times! It's crazy!) so I think the marking quality in the first place has been improved and you've got subjects that are very specific in what they look for when marking
Original post by zayn008
Maths wouldn't really go up, you have your working out and your answers so if they did change the mark then something in the original marking process is flawed. The only maths paper which might change after a remark is C4 otherwise 2+2 is always gonna equal 4.

Economics is hard again because it's marking structure is tight, the marks are allocated to certain aspects so it's not a large interpretation like for example an English lit exam script, remarks for English can get you from a D to an A at A-level (I've heard and seen this many times! It's crazy!) so I think the marking quality in the first place has been improved and you've got subjects that are very specific in what they look for when marking

My son's edexcel C3 maths just came back with an increase of 9 raw 13 ums taking him back up to 100 ums. It can happen, though goodness knows what massive cock up happened for them to get his mark so badly wrong. It is now being further investigated by our school. So maths marks can still be wrong - if you really feel it is wrong - ask.
Reply 117
Original post by Jayemmbee
My son's edexcel C3 maths just came back with an increase of 9 raw 13 ums taking him back up to 100 ums. It can happen, though goodness knows what massive cock up happened for them to get his mark so badly wrong. It is now being further investigated by our school. So maths marks can still be wrong - if you really feel it is wrong - ask.

Very true, it is possible although I wouldn't expect it like if I sent a English lit paper I'd expect a different mark if it were the same I'd be suspicious, that was the context I was talking in. But the marking system isn't perfect, with a change in 9 raw marks I think a sample of the papers that examiner marked should be reviewed, that's great news for your son tho! 100 ums is amazing :biggrin:
Reply 118
Has anyone received remarks from AQA Sociology Unit 2-4?
OR CCEA Geography OR CCEA Biology A2 Level?
Thanks
Got ocr physics back today , was 1 off A , got A now.

Quick Reply

Latest