The Student Room Group

Does it really matter which university you go for nursing.. or is the experience?

? above
Original post by madhvi patel
? above

I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area.

Effectively no, it doesn't. Some universities are held in higher regard generally, but going to a 'bad' university would not stop you getting a job. Some offer honours degrees, which may be better for getting into further education but again, doing an ordinary degree would not stop you from furthering your career. Something to consider is the length of placements (although all universities are 50:50 placement and theory), but how they organise these varies. *Much of your ability to progress in a career is down to your passion for the area and any extra things you are involved in at university. A passionate applicant from a poorer university is more likely to gain a post than an applicant from a highly esteemed university that doesn't demonstrate enthusiasm.*
Original post by Charlotte49
I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area.

Effectively no, it doesn't. Some universities are held in higher regard generally, but going to a 'bad' university would not stop you getting a job. Some offer honours degrees, which may be better for getting into further education but again, doing an ordinary degree would not stop you from furthering your career. Something to consider is the length of placements (although all universities are 50:50 placement and theory), but how they organise these varies. *Much of your ability to progress in a career is down to your passion for the area and any extra things you are involved in at university. A passionate applicant from a poorer university is more likely to gain a post than an applicant from a highly esteemed university that doesn't demonstrate enthusiasm.*

I'm also retaking a few units will I be able to reapply to do nursing?
I'm also retaking a few units will I be able to reapply to do nursing?

Yes, but if you are taking a gap year do this you would be expected to do more work experience and volunteering etc.
? above

It doesn't matter for any healthcare degree that effectively leads to an automatic job..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlotte49
Yes, but if you are taking a gap year do this you would be expected to do more work experience and volunteering etc.

I sadly ended up with a DDE because of personal reason.. which I dont have proof for. I want to retake the D and E because I cant afford to retake the D .. is it possible for me to get into universities through clearing
I sadly ended up with a DDE because of personal reason.. which I dont have proof for. I want to retake the D and E because I cant afford to retake the D .. is it possible for me to get into universities through clearing

At this point and with the grades you have it is very unlikely. I am not aware of any universities that would accept those grades as they are. Dundee used to ask for DD at A Level but I'm sure this has increased by now. Bear in mind that universities with lower grade requirements generally expect a lot in terms of interview skills, work experience and volunteering.

Quick Reply

Latest