The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by _gcx
Hi Ellie!

Don't feel overwhelmed. If you start early, you will have plenty of time to prepare. I'm sure you'll do well! Good luck! :biggrin:

When are you going to start revising?
Original post by e2014
When are you going to start revising?

I'm not sure. I'll start creating notes as I learn in Year 11, while the information is still fresh. I'll probably start serious revision sometime early next year.
Original post by _gcx
Hi Haseeb!

Have you done any work at all for English Literature? If so, you can just do mocks in your own time, and assess your current progress yourself! If you need any help with Maths, don't hesitate to ask on this thread!

Good luck with a future career in medicine! :smile:

Yh we have nearly finished all the work. We have Christmas Carol left only and finished all the work. Then its just revision as we have finished all the work for language, so will have a whole year for revision until exams which is really good. I have a mock after the holidays (paper 2).
Good luck to your future career. What career would that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also wondering when to begin revision... especially because of the Dec mocks I have no idea when to begin for those and when for the real thing. And should I revise off my notes from the Y10 mocks or write new ones to get the stuff back in my head?? I'm so confused with this
Original post by haseeb798
Yh we have nearly finished all the work. We have Christmas Carol left only and finished all the work. Then its just revision as we have finished all the work for language, so will have a whole year for revision until exams which is really good. I have a mock after the holidays (paper 2).
Good luck to your future career. What career would that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would like to do something with hardware and/or software engineering, so I'm aiming to do a degree in computer science! :biggrin:
Original post by _gcx
I would like to do something with hardware and/or software engineering, so I'm aiming to do a degree in computer science! :biggrin:

What A-levels do you need? Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haseeb798
What A-levels do you need? Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only really need an A/A* in Maths, but I'm going to take Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and maybe Physics.
I'm Daisy:smile:

My hobbies and interests are reading, sailing, drama and I'm also quite interested in history.

I'm going into year 11 this September and I'm taking:
English Language
English Literature
Mathematics
Fine Art
French (OCR)
Geography
History (Edexcel)
Religious Studies
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)

I'm not completely sure what exam boards I'm doing for a couple of them and I did IT last year. My favourite subjects at the moment are history, RS and biology.

I'm really nervous about next year and I'm not completely ready yet, I've still got a lot of homework to do by the end of the summer! I'm going to get more organised though- I've just got a lot of art coursework to finish first.

I don't really know what I want to do when I leave school but I've always wanted do have a job working with the environment or animals.
Original post by Glitzmania
Is anyone getting some of their gcse results on Thursday. I`m getting my core science results (AQA)

I'm getting my AQA H Maths result on that day. The grade boundaries are pretty meh so I'm secretly happy :biggrin:
Original post by Daisy2001
I'm Daisy:smile:

My hobbies and interests are reading, sailing, drama and I'm also quite interested in history.

I'm going into year 11 this September and I'm taking:
English Language
English Literature
Mathematics
Fine Art
French (OCR)
Geography
History (Edexcel)
Religious Studies
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)

I'm not completely sure what exam boards I'm doing for a couple of them and I did IT last year. My favourite subjects at the moment are history, RS and biology.

I'm really nervous about next year and I'm not completely ready yet, I've still got a lot of homework to do by the end of the summer! I'm going to get more organised though- I've just got a lot of art coursework to finish first.

I don't really know what I want to do when I leave school but I've always wanted do have a job working with the environment or animals.

HI Daisy! Welcome to the Current Year 11 Thread :biggrin:!
You'll find many students with similar subjects/exam boards and aspirations. Feel free to talk on this thread of PM any of the members. I'll be sure they will be willing to help. :smile:

Are you considering pursuing Veterinary/Medical Science at a higher level?
What A-Levels are you considering for the future?

Enjoy your time here on the Current Year 11 Thread :tongue:
Original post by umar39
HI Daisy! Welcome to the Current Year 11 Thread :biggrin:!
You'll find many students with similar subjects/exam boards and aspirations. Feel free to talk on this thread of PM any of the members. I'll be sure they will be willing to help. :smile:

Are you considering pursuing Veterinary/Medical Science at a higher level?
What A-Levels are you considering for the future?

Enjoy your time here on the Current Year 11 Thread :tongue:

Hi!
I'm considering Veterinary/medical science but I'm not completely decided yet because I feel like it would involve quite a bit of maths. I'm not exactly bad at maths but I don't enjoy it that much so it makes me wonder if it would be a struggle if I were to take it for A-level. I don't know if it's necessary but I do think it is useful to have maths alongside chemistry and biology for medical science. I might find I enjoy it more over the course of the next year though so I don't know at the moment.

Subjects that I'd be interested in for A-levels at the moment are: history, English lit, biology, geography, philosophy, chemistry and possibly French so I've got to think quite a bit about careers I'd enjoy that require a combination of some of these A-levels.
Hey :smile: My name's Ally. I really like to listen to music, like, i cannot live without XD some bands i listen to are Marianas Trench, All Time Low, Bring me the horizon, My chemical Romance, Panic! at the disco, Twenty one pilots XDDDDD. Im taking Maths, Science, English, History, Computing, RE, German and another i can't remember heheh. Most of them are AQA. My favorite is History and i dream of joining the army as a nurse :smile:
Hi, my name is Mollie and I'm genuinely f****d for year 11:h:

I'm doing 11 GCSEs which are as followed...
English Lit (AQA) - 8
English Lang (AQA) - 8
Maths (edexcel) - 8/9
RE (edexcel) - A
Spanish (edexcel) - A
French (edexcel) - B
Art (not actually sure) - A
Core Science (AQA) - A
Additional Science (AQA) - A
Further Additional Science (AQA) - A
Computer Science (OCR) - A

My favourite subjects are definitely maths, physics, biology and art but I really love further additional chemistry just because it's so much more practical compared to how we are taught core/additional chemistry

I definitely want to join the RAF doing either medicine or engineering (most likely engineering through the sponsorship programme though) and for A-levels, I'm planning on doing...
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Computer Science/Philosophy/Politics

If you wanna ask me anything else before I get myself thrown off a mountain at the start of September, DM me on either this or instagram (@xmollieleigh)
Original post by moll2015
Hi, my name is Mollie and I'm genuinely f****d for year 11:h:

I'm doing 11 GCSEs which are as followed...
English Lit (AQA) - 8
English Lang (AQA) - 8
Maths (edexcel) - 8/9
RE (edexcel) - A
Spanish (edexcel) - A
French (edexcel) - B
Art (not actually sure) - A
Core Science (AQA) - A
Additional Science (AQA) - A
Further Additional Science (AQA) - A
Computer Science (OCR) - A

My favourite subjects are definitely maths, physics, biology and art but I really love further additional chemistry just because it's so much more practical compared to how we are taught core/additional chemistry

I definitely want to join the RAF doing either medicine or engineering (most likely engineering through the sponsorship programme though) and for A-levels, I'm planning on doing...
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Computer Science/Philosophy/Politics

If you wanna ask me anything else before I get myself thrown off a mountain at the start of September, DM me on either this or instagram (@xmollieleigh)

Hi Mollie! Why are you ****ed for Year 11? :frown:

Original post by EternalKiss
Hey :smile: My name's Ally. I really like to listen to music, like, i cannot live without XD some bands i listen to are Marianas Trench, All Time Low, Bring me the horizon, My chemical Romance, Panic! at the disco, Twenty one pilots XDDDDD. Im taking Maths, Science, English, History, Computing, RE, German and another i can't remember heheh. Most of them are AQA. My favorite is History and i dream of joining the army as a nurse :smile:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Hi, I'm Maddy (Lol ik I'm late to this forum)

I'm taking 10 GCSEs, as shown below alongside my predicted grades

Spoiler

I don't feel ready for GCSEs at all, feeling kinda stressed atm about them (probably because the year above are collecting their results tomorrow). I don't mind the new GCSEs for maths, although it's a bit annoying because I think I would've easily achieved an A* in the old GCSEs, but now I'm between 7,8 & 9. The new English GCSE I'm really struggling with. In the old GCSEs I was getting A* but in the new ones I'm hoping for a pass 5/6 :// Although on the plus side there is NO ENGLISH COURSEWORK!! :smile:

My favourite subjects are probably Maths, Chemistry and maybe Geography.
For A level I'm considering Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bimball
Hi, I'm @bimball (Lol ik i'm late to this forum)

I'm taking 10 GCSEs

Spoiler

I dont feel ready for GCSEs at all, feeling kinda stressed atm about them (probably because the year above are collecting their results tomorrow). I don't mind the new GCSEs for maths, although it's a bit annoying because i think i would've easily acheived an A* in the old GCSEs, but now I'm between 7,8 & 9. The new English GCSE I'm really struggling with. In the old GCSEs i was getting A* but in the new ones I'm hoping for a pass 5/6 :// Although on the plus side there is NO ENGLISH COURSEWORK!! :smile:)

My favourites subjects ar probably Maths, Chemistry and maybe Geography.

Welcome to the thread bimball
You're never too late to join :biggrin:
What is making you particularly worried about Year 11?

You have interesting A-Level choices! :smile: What do you want to pursue in the future (degree/job wise)? (that's if you have a plan yet :tongue:)

Enjoy your stay here on the Current Year 11 Thread!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bimball
Hi, I'm @bimball (Lol ik i'm late to this forum)

I'm taking 10 GCSEs

Spoiler

I dont feel ready for GCSEs at all, feeling kinda stressed atm about them (probably because the year above are collecting their results tomorrow). I don't mind the new GCSEs for maths, although it's a bit annoying because i think i would've easily acheived an A* in the old GCSEs, but now I'm between 7,8 & 9. The new English GCSE I'm really struggling with. In the old GCSEs i was getting A* but in the new ones I'm hoping for a pass 5/6 :// Although on the plus side there is NO ENGLISH COURSEWORK!! :smile:)

My favourites subjects ar probably Maths, Chemistry and maybe Geography.

Hi bimball!

If you were getting an A* in the old GCSE, or had the capacity to do so, it's entirely possible to get a 7-9 in the new spec! Don't get your hopes down! :smile: Same goes for Maths, essentially. Remember: everyone will find it harder than the old spec, and that will result in lower grade boundaries, so don't panic! It'll be fine! :biggrin:
Hi again. Haven't been on TSR for like a week now xD. Nice to see a new thead too. Seems to be more new people than the year 10 one as well. I saw somebody ask about English Literature, I'm doing Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and Lord of the Flies. Happy to help if anybody needs it. Enjoy Year 11 :wink:. When do you all go back? I go back on Monday the 5th.
Hi!
I am taking maths, English lit, English language, triple science, RE, music, french and history. Because I'm new(ish) to the school I am predicted all B's. I would like to do better than that but am not sure how realistic that is! Especially as I'm behind on all my coursework and lived in America for the past two years so have been studying different things :s-smilie:
We go back on the 7th but I'm going a day early to help with Year 7 induction.
Original post by Glitzmania
Is anyone getting some of their gcse results on Thursday. I`m getting my core science results (AQA)

Like you, I'm getting my AQA Core Science results, as well as my results for Units 1 in I.C.T and Welsh and Unit 2 for History (WJEC).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest