The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gymnast7
Posted from TSR Mobile

The biology ones have, but the chemistry and physics boundaries have remained the same - the physics ones seem ridiculously high in comparison to previous years!

Original post by GCShElpme
Have the OCR Biology B GBs changed?

(Sorry, I meant to quote your question in my answer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've finally been able to log so I while I can I just want to say good luck to you all for tomorrow. Having seen the GB's I'm just hoping I can pass everything with maybe a couple of B's, and I hope your all happy with whatever results you get. You're all superstars and grades can't change that, go out there and smash it! :smile:
Where can u find the cambridge IGCSE English Language grade boundaries? Does anyone has a link?
Original post by mxskaan
lmao why would they change?

Check this link out, man! http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/convert-raw-marks-to-ums/
Original post by Gymnast7
(Sorry, I meant to quote your question in my answer)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for clarifying, dude!
What grade you predict to get
Original post by xoDancerxo
I've finally been able to log so I while I can I just want to say good luck to you all for tomorrow. Having seen the GB's I'm just hoping I can pass everything with maybe a couple of B's, and I hope your all happy with whatever results you get. You're all superstars and grades can't change that, go out there and smash it! :smile:

this is so sweet love the student room famil x0

Only bio is different chem and physics still remain very high

but that's so weird for bio:s-smilie:

have ocr confirmed this? I want to call them
(edited 7 years ago)
Feeling real nervous now, keep feeling sick everytime I think about tomorrow! Just hope I pass everything. I only need two more C's & a B in a science to get into my sixth form but I'm nervous I won't do well!
I'm really panicking now... I really don't want to disappoint anyone, including myself, since I set such high expectations of myself. I am inherently pessimistic which doesn't help...
:frown:
Original post by lozza_X
Feeling real nervous now, keep feeling sick everytime I think about tomorrow! Just hope I pass everything. I only need two more C's & a B in a science to get into my sixth form but I'm nervous I won't do well!

Aw I'm sure you'll get the grades you need xx only thing to do now is try to calm down a bit - maybe watch some tv or read a book and try not to think about tomorrow, that's my plan!
Original post by mxskaan

I mean, the GBs for Chemistry are pretty standard, though I would've thought that they would be lower due to the nature of the context. Physics is a piss-take. The Biology GBs are still the highest comparatively, I believe.
I won that BIC thing so that's a good sign of luck coming my way, hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky!
I'm pretty worried about Edexcel Business Unit 1. Boundaries are always high since it's multiple choice but 39 for an A* and 38 for an A? It's crazy to think that just one mark would make the difference between an A and an A*...
Original post by AdeptDz

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG well done !! :biggrin: Lucky
Original post by thepewds_
I'm really panicking now... I really don't want to disappoint anyone, including myself, since I set such high expectations of myself. I am inherently pessimistic which doesn't help...
:frown:

That is literally me. Think positive :smile: I'm sure you will get amazing grades. If you've worked hard you will definitely achieve amazing results :h:
Original post by mxskaan

have ocr confirmed this? I want to call them

It has been officially confirmed by OCR in the updated GBs- http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/323540-gcse-grade-boundaries-june-2016.pdf
GBs for OCR Gateway B Biology have been lowered.
Original post by GCShElpme
It has been officially confirmed by OCR in the updated GBs- http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/323540-gcse-grade-boundaries-june-2016.pdf
GBs for OCR Gateway B Biology have been lowered.

How can they lower it though ?
Original post by nisha.sri
How can they lower it though ?

I don't know, man. I think the ones that were released may have been wrong.

Latest