The Student Room Group

Can guys actually be scared of a girl making a move?

Scroll to see replies

If the girl is hot then no, they'd likely welcome it. If they're ugly they're probably scared.

Otherwise they're just really shy.
Original post by Andy98
As possibly the leading entity on waiting too long; don't. Just go in for the kill

Yeah I feel like we have waited too long and it has become really awkward and now neither of us knows what to do.
Original post by ajay1998
If the girl is hot then no, they'd likely welcome it. If they're ugly they're probably scared.

Otherwise they're just really shy.

I really hope I'm not that ugly! He has always stared a lot and I get quite a lot of guys checking me out when I'm out so I hope it is just that he's shy
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I feel like we have waited too long and it has become really awkward and now neither of us knows what to do.

I really hope I'm not that ugly! He has always stared a lot and I get quite a lot of guys checking me out when I'm out so I hope it is just that he's shy

Make The Move
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol it's not hard to go on dates and hang out with girls. It's hard finding someone you get on well enough to be in a relationship with though.
I've gotten away with it for most of my life xD That'll soon change though. God help me.
Yeh..I thought yee got along well.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I've gotten away with it for most of my life xD That'll soon change though. God help me.
Yeh..I thought yee got along well.

Are you in uni? Theres soooooooooooooo many girls in such a tiny area it's hard not to end up in friendship groups with them unless you really stick to yourself or a tiny friendship group. Just need to be social and make friends with them until something clicks. Do you mean Lyrical Prodigy? We're still friends. We broke up ages ago and I had another girlfriend that I room shared with for a year. She cheated on me with two of my friends lol.
Are you in uni? Theres soooooooooooooo many girls in such a tiny area it's hard not to end up in friendship groups with them unless you really stick to yourself or a tiny friendship group. Just need to be social and make friends with them until something clicks. Do you mean Lyrical Prodigy? We're still friends. We broke up ages ago and I had another girlfriend that I room shared with for a year. She cheated on me with two of my friends lol.
For 3 Years, I'm the shy socially awkward type so things are only starting to change now. Yeh seem a more social beast but fair play, the way to be.That's the one, yee seem rather cosy, nice yeer still matse. Gawd help yeh. Who would do that.............
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says really. A guy I have liked for a while and I'm pretty sure he liked me too from the way he's acted with me (constant staring, talking about me with friends etc) is acting really strange with me since I tried to make more of an effort to get to know him. I am really shy and I think he is too so I messaged him a casual question which he answered fine but since then he's been acting really awkwardly with me. He changed seats after he realised he would be beside me and then on a different occasion made an excuse to leave his friend after he saw me in the room. This was all within a few days of me messaging yet before that he had never had a problem coming near me. So could he like me but is just scared of making a move and is scared I'm going to put him in an awkward situation? Or does he really not like me?

I think some guys don't like it (I mean the ones that are still wrapped up in old times thinking only guys should make the first move) However Most guys love it and find it a total turn on. JUST TELL HIM YOU LIKE HIM! I liked a guy for ages and it never went anywhere because I never told him. Turns out he had this huge crush on me. Who knows what could have happened there. Don't lose out! tell him!
lol wasn't really serious. But if I'm not interested it can be awkward. Some girls go crazy when you reject them lol. Actually not some, most haha.

What do you mean by 'go crazy?' :laugh:
Back in 6th form this girl started throwing pencils at me in Alevel maths and physics constantly after I told her I wasn't interested etc. And in uni some immature girls kinda ***** about you and try get you uninvited to parties lmao.

Original post by trustmeimlying1
For 3 Years, I'm the shy socially awkward type so things are only starting to change now. Yeh seem a more social beast but fair play, the way to be.That's the one, yee seem rather cosy, nice yeer still matse. Gawd help yeh. Who would do that.............

ye just push through it. I've gone through periods where I've stayed in my room for months and gotten depressed n not talked to anyone. Just gotta get out and join things and make a conscious effort to smile at everyone and not shy away.
Back in 6th form this girl started throwing pencils at me in Alevel maths and physics constantly after I told her I wasn't interested etc. And in uni some immature girls kinda ***** about you and try get you uninvited to parties lmao.

ye just push through it. I've gone through periods where I've stayed in my room for months and gotten depressed n not talked to anyone. Just gotta get out and join things and make a conscious effort to smile at everyone and not shy away.

Seriously? Wow, I guess boys don't have the immaturity market cornered then. I asked out a guy at work and when he said no I literally just said 'okay, cool' and walked off

Cool storyz bro!

Ah no...fair point...I'm learning that low self esteem does no one favours and people will always be attracted to the best you etc
Only if she wasn't my type as I'd hate to reject someone.

Quick Reply