The Student Room Group

Is it possible to learn Maths C3 and C4 in 1 or 2 months?

Is it possible to learn Maths modules C3 and C4 in 1 or 2 months? I ask as I want to start as early as possible this year to give myself enough time to prepare for exams next summer :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely.
What ways would you consider efficient to learn C3 and C4?
How quick can you work through an Edexcel Modular Maths book?
yep definitely
Reply 5
Original post by Philip-flop
How quick can you work through an Edexcel Modular Maths book?

Why don't you just try it and find out for yourself?
Is it possible to learn Maths modules C3 and C4 in 1 or 2 months? I ask as I want to start as early as possible this year to give myself enough time to prepare for exams next summer :P

Given what you have said on other threads about your AS results I'd say no definitely not 1 month. Don't try to rush it, I recommend you spend a lot more time studying the text books and doing loads of practice exercises before you move on to past papers etc. especially in the trigonometry and differentiation sections of C3 and the integration and vectors topics in C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
Given what you have said on other threads about your AS results I'd say no definitely not 1 month. I recommend you spend a lot more time studying the text books and doing loads of practice exercises before you move on to past papers etc. especially in the trigonometry and differentiation sections of C3 and the integration and vectors topics in C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you. You're right, I'm definitely not being realistic :frown:

Go for it and see what you can achieve, just don't scrimp on doing the practice questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'll say do it up until Christmas, that way you have a good understanding because if you rush than it won't be in your long term memory and you will find yourself keep going over the same stuff. I'm also going to be doing that this year with M1 aswell.
Reply 10
Lol I had to learn C2 in two weeks (100% due to the fact that I just played games or zoned out in class) while I had other AS exams in between day after day. Pulled through and got a C in the exam and an A overall (only by the grace of God :biggrin: )
Just look at each unit and at the back of it it has like key points, look at those and create an A3 poster with it and use hegarty maths and exams solutions.
Reply 11
Original post by a_d_e
Lol I had to learn C2 in two weeks (100% due to the fact that I just played games or zoned out in class) while I had other AS exams in between day after day. Pulled through and got a C in the exam and an A overall (only by the grace of God :biggrin: )
Just look at each unit and at the back of it it has like key points, look at those and create an A3 poster with it and use hegarty maths and exams solutions.

God is good

lets say each book has 140 pages (if you ignore chapter title pages and pages with excessive examples), if you do 10 pages a day you'll finish a book every 2 weeks. So if you think you can get 10 pages done per day then go for it :biggrin:

also do about 5 pages per day and youll be done by halloween, that's definitely achievable for anyone
You definitely could, but is it necessary? You could keep yourself ahead of where you are in class. For example you do at home what you will do in class in a few lessons time. This way you don't cram everything into 1-2 months, but you've still gone over everything twice by the time you finish the modules
Quite easily tbh. I self taught C3 and C4 in roughly 2 (not very intense) weeks and can confidently do the papers now.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Your reply here hit me right in the feels.

Dont get yourself down too much, and try to focus on the task at hand. Work through the textbook, and honestly you should1 beq able to get through it fine.if youre ever stuck, use trachers or TSR.

At rhe same time, dont stress if it isnt done soon. Plenty of time left!

Excyse the poor autocorrect function or laxk thereof on my phone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
I learnt them all (with help of a teacher of course) in about 2 months each, so 4 months total... but that was with lots of practice questions and only 9 hours a fortnight of work!
I self-taught myself S3 in two weeks during the Easter with a chapter or two a day so C3/4 should be no problem if you work at it
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will try to do around 5-10 pages of the textbook each day and see how far I get. :smile:
Reply 19
Just a little point here
Learning and teaching (including self teaching) are two separate things

Quick Reply

Latest