The Student Room Group

I need your help ASAP

Do i need physics or maths to study medicine at uni?

Has anyone got accepted into medicine without physics or maths?

Does not doing physics or maths narrow my chances of studyng medicine at uni?

What would be good 3rd and 4th alevel choices for medicine?

Thank you loads.
Original post by rojda
Do i need physics or maths to study medicine at uni?

Has anyone got accepted into medicine without physics or maths?

Does not doing physics or maths narrow my chances of studyng medicine at uni?

What would be good 3rd and 4th alevel choices for medicine?

Thank you loads.

medicine
medicine
medicine

medicine

medicine

why
Reply 2
A handful of universities require Maths, the majority don't. None afaik require physics.
Reply 3
Original post by SteveDogg23
medicine
medicine
medicine

medicine

medicine

why

Sorry, kinda been the dream since forever, any help appreciated..
Original post by rojda
Sorry, kinda been the dream since forever, any help appreciated..

I dont think you need physics for most universities. Why cant you just look it up
Reply 5
Original post by SteveDogg23
I dont think you need physics for most universities. Why cant you just look it up

I did look it up, but Im worried maths is compulsory..
You can find all this information with a little research on Google. UCAS website says doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths keeps all medical school choices open and If you don’t take maths or physics but do take chemistry and biology, it will keep open the vast majority. Most people I know of have Biology, maths and chemistry as this is probably safest. Your fourth a level choice can be anything really, although most unis prefer if you have a 'facilitating subject'. Aside from the sciences, maths and further maths, a facilitating subject is one of the following: English Literature, Geography, History, Languages (Classical and Modern). I advise you to look at the UCAS website and university websites!
(edited 7 years ago)
It really depends on which universities you'd like to apply for
Reply 8
Original post by Marathi
A handful of universities require Maths, the majority don't. None afaik require physics.

Thank you loads! Appreciated.
Unless you are applying for Cambridge, you don't need to take three sciences. And unless you are applying to one specific Cambridge college ( cant remember which ) you don't need maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending