The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
How can they lower it though ?

when was this ever questionable? D:

you'd think lowered grade boundaries are a blessing
That is literally me. Think positive :smile: I'm sure you will get amazing grades. If you've worked hard you will definitely achieve amazing results :h:

Thank you SO much for your kind words of comfort. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone in my habit of always being negative. I'll try my best to be positive and please promise me that you will too! My parents expect so much from me and all I want in life is to make them proud... Good luck for tomorrow and just think positive and God will do positive!!
This video is making me all panicky !! But on the good side what if the examiners were very lenient this year ... - which i doubt :s-smilie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bt0jzBnZuI
Original post by thepewds_
Thank you SO much for your kind words of comfort. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone in my habit of always being negative. I'll try my best to be positive and please promise me that you will too! My parents expect so much from me and all I want in life is to make them proud... Good luck for tomorrow and just think positive and God will do positive!!

No worries :smile: Dw i will :smile: Same here. Thank you and you too :smile: I'm sure God will do positive :h: xx
Lower grade boundaries is a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that more students will be happier and be able to do certain AS courses. Also their CVs and such would look better. The bad thing is that there would be a grade inflation. Because A and A* would no longer mean anything anymore when everyone is getting it. It doesn't separate the esoteric students from the standard students.
Can someone please help me with WJEC English language UMS? I really don't understand how many marks it is for a C
Original post by SkyeAmber
Can someone please help me with WJEC English language UMS? I really don't understand how many marks it is for a C

Same !!! It's really annoying me
This video is making me all panicky !! But on the good side what if the examiners were very lenient this year ... - which i doubt :s-smilie:

I hope the examiners were marking lenient this year too, maybe that will justify the sky high grade boundaries this year. Good luck !!
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
Same I think I will fail this one and resit it again. Do u think college will allow me to resit again?

yeah, of course. i've had no problems with resitting it again but I think i'm just gonna give up now i'm about to go to a really good uni so I can't complain really
Original post by elizabetht96
yeah, of course. i've had no problems with resitting it again but I think i'm just gonna give up now i'm about to go to a really good uni so I can't complain really

Congrats! Which Uni?
Original post by cdaniels2011
Congrats! Which Uni?

Thank you! Lancaster University :biggrin:
Original post by ColossalAtom
Lower grade boundaries is a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that more students will be happier and be able to do certain AS courses. Also their CVs and such would look better. The bad thing is that there would be a grade inflation. Because A and A* would no longer mean anything anymore when everyone is getting it. It doesn't separate the esoteric students from the standard students.

Nah, low boundaries just mean the paper was harder. The number of people scoring A's and A*s would be about the same as if the boundaries were high.
Original post by usycool1
Nah, low boundaries just mean the paper was harder. The number of people scoring A's and A*s would be about the same as if the boundaries were high.

What was the need for the reformed A-levels and GCSEs then?
Original post by Pens&Papers
I hope the examiners were marking lenient this year too, maybe that will justify the sky high grade boundaries this year. Good luck !!

Yeh I hope too 😄 Good luck to you too 😊
Original post by usycool1

I don't understand why the grade boundaries are high in maths edexcel when the paper was kinda hard but not very very easy.
What is the good thing about high grade boundaries ?

Examiners are always harsh :colonhash:
What is the good thing about high grade boundaries ?

There is no good thing
Original post by ak143244
Examiners are always harsh :colonhash:

I guess 😟
Original post by ColossalAtom

I believe the former is the more desirable outcome; 'happier' students with more pathways open mean more potential can be discovered later on-down-the-line. I believe the premise that having low grade boundaries "doesn't separate" students by perceived academic ability is in fact a positive outcome.
Why; countless studies have shown that true development and true academic potential cannot be properly measured in the very limiting context of GCSE exams - I think the GCSE should serve as a 'positive boost' for students, to encourage them to pursue study further and later down the road we can start talking about issuing qualifications in the interests of streaming society.

Latest