The Student Room Group

French police force woman to take off clothes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
do you expect the Muslims who have lived in France for years, who are French and who completely and utterly support democratic values to just walk away from their homeland?

:rolleyes:

this is a democracy, burkinis should be accepted, not to mention the fact that wetsuits/diving wetsuits have the same *cough* problem *cough* as burkinis for concealment.

discrimination like this plays right into the terrorists' hands, who want to divide us

France expects them to respect the law there or kindly **** off. Most Muslims there consider themselves Muslims and not French.

France is a democracy, but it is SECULAR, and you have to respect that.

Banning burkinis has nothing to do with concealment :facepalm: it's purely down to religious reasons...

You clearly know nothing about France and the way it's run.
Original post by Dodgypirate
France expects them to respect the law there or kindly **** off. Most Muslims there consider themselves Muslims and not French.

France is a democracy, but it is SECULAR, and you have to respect that.

Banning burkinis has nothing to do with concealment :facepalm: it's purely down to religious reasons...

You clearly know nothing about France and the way it's run.

How is wearing your own cultural clothing in ANY WAY disrespecting French laws or is it a threat to security?

You people will go to some absurd lengths to justify religious discrimination.
How is wearing your own cultural clothing in ANY WAY disrespecting French laws or is it a threat to security?

You people will go to some absurd lengths to justify religious discrimination.

Do you even know what SECULAR means? or what a secular state is?!?!

I'm so glad burkinis are being banned... I'm also extremely glad France is standing by it's fundamental beliefs - good on them.
Let them wear what they want. As long as it doesn't make them unidentifiable (i.e. burqa) it's fine. Just like non-Muslim people in Muslim countries shouldn't be forced to cover up, Muslims in non-Muslim countries shouldn't be forced to wear less than they feel is appropriate.

I'm so glad burkinis are being banned... I'm also extremely glad France is standing by it's fundamental beliefs - good on them.

Its 'fundamental' beliefs such as freedom of religion right?

You can be a secular society with foreign, religious immigrants.

But this action taken is pure discrimination. France will only see more terrorist attacks because of this.

Yes in a secular state, people are free to live according to their own religion.
Original post by Trapz99
Let them wear what they want. As long as it doesn't make them unidentifiable (i.e. burqa) it's fine. Just like non-Muslim people in Muslim countries shouldn't be forced to cover up, Muslims in non-Muslim countries shouldn't be forced to wear less than they feel is appropriate.

:toofunny:

If any of the female members of your family or mine went over to a Muslim country (any of them), they would HAVE to cover up. But they would do that out of respect, wouldn't they - so as not to offend.

However, when Muslims in France are asked to not wear religious attire, they choose not to respect it.

Absurd.
Reply 27
Wearing this sort of thing in Nice of all places she arguably should have expected this.

If France valued secularism so much, why is the burkini the only form of religious clothing banned while others are permitted?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
If France valued secularism so much, why is the burkini the only form of religious clothing banned while others are permitted?

Pretty sure that crosses and Christian necklaces aren't allowed either. I know many of the schools in France are Laic.
No sympathy for them at all. France isn't a Muslim country.
Pretty sure that crosses and Christian necklaces aren't allowed either. I know many of the schools in France are Laic.

France prohibits religious items in schools. In public however, the hijab, crosses etc are permitted. You said that France is protecting their secularism by banning the burkini on the beach, yet the burkini is the only religious clothing banned. Other religious items are still allowed, so clearly it's not just about secularism.
'When I invented the burkini in early 2004, it was to give women freedom, not to take it away. '

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away - the guardian
https://apple.news/AnMfV0wNzTkG_m1DG7J_SeQ
Ban the burqa in the UK
I disagree with the law itself, but the whole thing stinks of a set up.

-Someone actually brought their camera to the beach
-Nice 45 degree angle for the person who just happened to be uploading the pics to twitter
-Professional quality
Original post by Betelgeuse-
All them thirsty Kuffar feasting their hungry eyes on sweet pure muslima flesh and booty thinking nasty dirty thoughts :bee:

Hehehehe

Original post by The Sexathlete
I disagree with the law itself, but the whole thing stinks of a set up.

-Someone actually brought their camera to the beach
-Nice 45 degree angle for the person who just happened to be uploading the pics to twitter
-Professional quality

What a weak response

Why is it surprising that people bring cameras to the beach?? Plus the picture could have been taken on a phone. Nothing seems odd about this. In the bottom left corner of the picture you can see the arm of someone who is sunbathing, so there were clearly people across the beach so it's not really surprising that someone had a good view of the scene. They took the picture and decided to upload it because they knew it would be controversial. Lastly, it doesn't look that 'professional'.
Reply 37
Well done to the French.
It seems they are Europeans with balls
Considering the widespread publicity surrounding the ban, I can't imagine that she didn't know about it.

So either get off the beach or follow the rules. I don't wear a balaclava to go to the bank...

Original post by IYGB
Well done to the French.
It seems they are Europeans with balls

Ironic considering all the white flag memes... Kudos!
How does clothing present a threat of Islamic terrorism though.

This post from Chuka Umuna sums things up very nicely:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 16.27.07.png

One of the same labour leaders that says we need to "sit around the negotiating table with ISIS" to sort out a peace deal

Labour and the rest of these leftists are deluded

Quick Reply

Latest