The Student Room Group

4Ds to 4As in a month?

Scroll to see replies

Work on chemistry and biology. Maths and physics are logical subjects, so if you're as smart as you say you are, focus on chemistry and biology because their mark schemes can be super dodgy whereas the mark schemes of maths and physics are straightforward. This is from an AS Level student who should have started revising so much earlier (earlier than the first week of April). Basically, we're in the same boat and that makes two of us. Keep calm and study hard! XD
Original post by thbtchit
Work on chemistry and biology. Maths and physics are logical subjects, so if you're as smart as you say you are, focus on chemistry and biology because their mark schemes can be super dodgy whereas the mark schemes of maths and physics are straightforward. This is from an AS Level student who should have started revising so much earlier (earlier than the first week of April). Basically, we're in the same boat and that makes two of us. Keep calm and study hard! XD

yeah man I have used the mark schemes, really annoying how specific they are :/ and yeah I definitely feel physics and maths are easier. Good luck mate! What boards you doing?
Update:
Biology: C
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
Maths: A
Original post by ronnydandam
yeah man I have used the mark schemes, really annoying how specific they are :/ and yeah I definitely feel physics and maths are easier. Good luck mate! What boards you doing?

I'm doing Further maths, physics and chemistry only. For further maths, I'm doing a whole A Level (C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 and M2) in one year and S1 as my seventh module because why not? XD Further maths board is Edexcel. For physics and chemistry, I'm doing AQA but both are the new specifications which were introduced in 2015 thanks to the new government and education secretary (those bastards!). For me, AS modules (C1, C2, M1) in further maths are a piece of cake. I find C3 and C4 straightforward, but M2 is solid. S1 - I shall just have to hamper past papers before the actual exam. Physics is straightforward but chemistry is not easy. How about you? Are your sciences the new specs from AQA or other exam boards? PS: The new spec is so much harder than the previous spec on AQA (Physics 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2). Please reply. :smile:
I'm doing Further maths, physics and chemistry only. For further maths, I'm doing a whole A Level (C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 and M2) in one year and S1 as my seventh module because why not? XD Further maths board is Edexcel. For physics and chemistry, I'm doing AQA but both are the new specifications which were introduced in 2015 thanks to the new government and education secretary (those bastards!). For me, AS modules (C1, C2, M1) in further maths are a piece of cake. I find C3 and C4 straightforward, but M2 is solid. S1 - I shall just have to hamper past papers before the actual exam. Physics is straightforward but chemistry is not easy. How about you? Are your sciences the new specs from AQA or other exam boards? PS: The new spec is so much harder than the previous spec on AQA (Physics 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2). Please reply. :smile:

damn so much maths. I do AQA for maths and C1 and mechanics are piss, C2 is quite easy although logs do piss me off a bit, what part of chemistry do you not find easy? I find chemistry to be fine. and yes the new sciences from OCR, I hope the boundaries will be low!
A great many things which in times of lesser knowledge we imagined to be superstitious or useless, prove today on examination to have been of immense value to mankind.
Original post by jamesjohnson5551
A great many things which in times of lesser knowledge we imagined to be superstitious or useless, prove today on examination to have been of immense value to mankind.

what
24/04/16:
Chemistry: D
Maths: D
Physics: D
Biology: D

Update:
28/04/16

Chemistry:B
Maths:B
Physics:B
Biology D

Managed to cover all the content for three subjects in the last four days or so and did some papers, just guess I need to refine my exam technique and do more papers and make a start on biology

Update: 06/5/16
Chemistry:B
Physics:A
Biology: D

Still need to do biology :/

Update: 14/5/16

Just need to fit in about 30 hours of biology before my exam I'd say but for the others, day before the exam revision will be enough(But I'm going to revise those before the last day anyway because why risk it?)

Hey, what did you get? :smile:
Need an update OP
What did you get in the end ?????
Update:

I thought this is what he got then saw the date.

Hopefully he will update and if he did get 3A then he should bottle it and sell it to make a killing.
Original post by 999tigger
I thought this is what he got then saw the date.

Hopefully he will update and if he did get 3A then he should bottle it and sell it to make a killingc.

I got 3 A's. XD
No, OP got AAAB with 1 UMS away from an A in mathematics and is overall okay with his results but not too happy
Full break down:
Maths:
C1: 58(I don't even know what happened here)
C2: 81(Not great either)
M1: 100

Chemistry: 136/140 raw marks
Biology: 100/140 raw marks
Physics: 130/140 raw marks
No, OP got AAAB with 1 UMS away from an A in mathematics and is overall okay with his results but not too happy

Awesome! Tbh, I'd probably recoomend retaking C1 to bump it up to an A.
Original post by _gcx
Awesome! Tbh, I'd probably recoomend retaking C1 to bump it up to an A.

Thank you! And yes I will, I was expecting 90+ in that, meant to be the easiest one...
Amazing results!!!!!
Full break down:
Maths:
C1: 58(I don't even know what happened here)
C2: 81(Not great either)
M1: 100

Chemistry: 136/140 raw marks
Biology: 100/140 raw marks
Physics: 130/140 raw marks

😱 Amazing results! Congrats! 🙂
😱 Amazing results! Congrats! 🙂

Wtf why are you so smart ? I got ABCD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest