The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediaya
We might be both missing out on something :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope not
I'm really worried for my best friend, like she needs a C in maths to get to the college she really wants to go to but she's borderline D/C. I don't know what to say to her if she fails because there is nothing i can do. Any suggestions? :frown:
Original post by cdaniels2011
You too, and of course but what can you do? Hope for the best and do more to better yourself :smile:

No idea, get them as soon as possible and hope for the best i guess. Yeah thanks, same to you!:h: post your results so we can compare them tomorrow if you like:smile:
Original post by jasminglynne
the C grade boundary for the foundation paper was 143

Oh god my bad sorry, thought they were on about higher!
Hey, does anyone kniw why the unit 1 biology aqa grade boundaries are so high? They were higher than last year. The exam was absolutely terrible! Its got me really worried :frown:
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Ikr? I'd do so much better

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep.. me too

im really hoping that my Sixth will lower grade boundaries for courses if the mark scheme effects people heavily.. i mean, for me.. Worcester doesn't have many other local options :P
Original post by HannahBean95
I'm really worried for my best friend, like she needs a C in maths to get to the college she really wants to go to but she's borderline D/C. I don't know what to say to her if she fails because there is nothing i can do. Any suggestions? :frown:

Tell her it'll be okay, tell her they don't define her as a person and that you'll be there for the next step she takes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a last-minute question for those of you who did AQA Core Science. Does your ISA get added to your overall Core Science grade, or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CyberJake
yep.. me too

im really hoping that my Sixth will lower grade boundaries for courses if the mark scheme effects people heavily.. i mean, for me.. Worcester doesn't have many other local options :P

Damn, I hope you do okay and if not, I hope they care about you and let you in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahBean95

There's Two things i can think off, firstly she could try and get a remark if she is really close to a grade C, amd hopefully she can get a couple of marks. Or secondly, she can retake the exam in November. I don't know if i got a C or not either, so im pretty nervous myself. I wish her the best for passing! Sorry if my suggestions are not thet good either :frown:
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
I have a last-minute question for those of you who did AQA Core Science. Does your ISA get added to your overall Core Science grade, or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes ofc it does! Well the marks from ur ISA are counted just like the exams and then they make a total and then give a grade. I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Damn, I hope you do okay and if not, I hope they care about you and let you in

What are you expecting to get?

I need A/B only
Predicted: 2 A*, 3A, 5B
Original post by CyberJake
What are you expecting to get?

I need A/B only
Predicted: 2 A*, 3A, 5B

Well I'm hoping for at least 1 A but a couple of Cs and Bs would be fine since I missed a lot of time off school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my friend made plans to move to new zealand if we fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Yes ofc it does! Well the marks from ur ISA are counted just like the exams and then they make a total and then give a grade. I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: Predicted / What I think I'll actually get
English lit: A* / A*
English lang: A* / A
Maths: A / B
Physics: A / A
Chemistry: A* / A
Biology: A / A
History: A* / A*
German A* / (A/B)
Computing: A* / A
Art: A / A
Photography: A / A*

Spoiler

Original post by Charlie4789
German A* / (A/B)
Computing: A* / A
Art: A / A
Photography: A / A*

Spoiler

Pretty good predictions, hope you get them! , I'll be having a heart attack if i get a A* haha:colondollar:
Original post by HannahBean9
Hey, does anyone kniw why the unit 1 biology aqa grade boundaries are so high? They were higher than last year. The exam was absolutely terrible! Its got me really worried :frown:

The exam wasn't that bad. People made a huge deal out of it for no reason, a teacher and a level students went through it and said it was easier than theirs. Hope you do well though. I'm sure you'll do okay.
Less than a day left now 😳😣😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlie4789
German A* / (A/B)