The Student Room Group

Had a 2.1 failed one exam in final year. No Hons. What to do next? University of Bham

What are my options? They do not do resits for final years. I have never failed an exam before.
Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?
Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.
I will not get a 2.1. I will not get honors. I was on a 2.1 before my final year exams.
Original post by momoneyme89
Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?

No retakes at UOB
Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.

Per our handbook

"
There are no re-sits for modules taken in the final year of your degree programme. Failure of a module in the final year will have an impact on the class of degree a student is awarded.Failure in more than one final year module may mean that a student is not eligible to beawarded a degree. The relevant University regulations provide that a pass degree may beawarded on the recommendation of the Board of Examiners to a student who has achievedat least 300 credits including passes in at least 80 credits at level H (i.e. final year modules). "
Original post by singingblood
No retakes at UOB

That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?
That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?

Switching unis how?
Original post by singingblood
Switching unis how?

Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.
Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.

I have one exam left in my final year. Will i be accepted just to do a third year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending