The Student Room Group

Summer resits?

Hey, I've got my first attempts for my June exams (2nd year) in my summer resit period, as I missed them due to illness.

A couple of 3rd years have told me that they're very likely to repeat the questions from the june paper so I should ignore a couple of topics I'm struggling with because they hadnt come up... Is this true?

For some of my modules there are other people resitting, but for others I think I will be the only one sitting the exam because it wasnt a very popular optional module to begin with.

Would they actually think up and compile new short answer and essay questions for one person who hasn't seen the initial paper?
No, this is definitely not true. Some topics might be repeated, but it is definitely not guaranteed and it is pretty rare. They don't care if it is only one person sitting the resit, they have to compile the resit paper at the same time as the main paper, so they don't even know how many people will be resitting it at the time. Revise everything you would have revised before talking to those people.
Reply 2
Agree with the above. First and resit paper questions are not permitted to overlap by any large margin. One of the hints at my uni, was that topics in the first paper were unlikely to appear in the resit paper. But always with a cautionary note that they *might*.

Just revise as you were and assume nothing.
Reply 3
Original post by GoingToBurst
No, this is definitely not true. Some topics might be repeated, but it is definitely not guaranteed and it is pretty rare. They don't care if it is only one person sitting the resit, they have to compile the resit paper at the same time as the main paper, so they don't even know how many people will be resitting it at the time. Revise everything you would have revised before talking to those people.

Original post by Klix88
Agree with the above. First and resit paper questions are not permitted to overlap by any large margin. One of the hints at my uni, was that topics in the first paper were unlikely to appear in the resit paper. But always with a cautionary note that they *might*.

Just revise as you were and assume nothing.

It turned out that every resit paper was the same as the inital June one- word for word. I don't want to mislead people as I know this isn't the case for every course at every University, but a friend elswhere told me that he was given the same paper for his resit too... so I wouldn't say it's 'definitely not true', it just depends on your course and Uni. Thank you for your replies though :smile:
Original post by Mr Bling
It turned out that every resit paper was the same as the inital June one- word for word. I don't want to mislead people as I know this isn't the case for every course at every University, but a friend elswhere told me that he was given the same paper for his resit too... so I wouldn't say it's 'definitely not true', it just depends on your course and Uni. Thank you for your replies though :smile:

Easy 100% for you.
Original post by Mr Bling
Hey, I've got my first attempts for my June exams (2nd year) in my summer resit period, as I missed them due to illness.

A couple of 3rd years have told me that they're very likely to repeat the questions from the june paper so I should ignore a couple of topics I'm struggling with because they hadnt come up... Is this true?

For some of my modules there are other people resitting, but for others I think I will be the only one sitting the exam because it wasnt a very popular optional module to begin with.

Would they actually think up and compile new short answer and essay questions for one person who hasn't seen the initial paper?

I had an exam and they reused word for word a question from the last years exam which I had to resit needless to say i got that question correct seeing as i had been working on it the day before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending