The Student Room Group

Tesco Student Transfer

Anyone here used the student transfer service provided by tesco?
I work part time in tesco and looking to transfer stores whilst I'm at uni. I know they have an online service to sort this out but I can't find it and my manager has been telling me different saying I just have to ring the stores myself?

Can someone help me out here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't be much help, but I'm having a problem with it too, I've been told to both go online on OurTesco and ring stores as well but I have found this: http://www.tesco-careers.com/Jobs-in-Stores-and-Centres/Stores/Student-transfer-service.aspx

edit: just found this as well: http://www.tesco.com/form/ maybe we need to fill that out?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi,

When I spoke to my personnel manager sheer said that the transfer window doesn't open until August 4th. I remember last year that the window opened posters went up around the staff room.
The window opens on August 18th and lasts a week I think, I haven't used it before but you go on www.studentsattesco.com and apply from there :-)
Reply 4
anyone here had any luck? i got back from holiday and still no one, including all the managers at my store can help me! please say someone here has managed to find out what we have to do?
You go to studentsattesco.com and apply from there but im having difficulty finding any jobs on it :frown:
Reply 6
I finally figured it out! If you search 'student transfer' as the keyword on a general job search (with no location), it comes up there and you just click apply.
Talk to your Personnel Manager if possible. They may be able to transfer you.
Can anyone help? I'm trying to do the transfer through that form but it's only coming up with leaving dates up till 2010!! Am I doing this right - I tried typing it in to the search for vacancies but there are none where I'm going.
Reply 9
Original post by katherinefrost
Can anyone help? I'm trying to do the transfer through that form but it's only coming up with leaving dates up till 2010!! Am I doing this right - I tried typing it in to the search for vacancies but there are none where I'm going.

I haven't done it yet but when you search vacancies don't put a location - when you search student transfer it comes up with one 'vacancy' which is called something like 'student transfer window - september 2016' and you apply through that. I'm pretty sure how it goes anyway, I haven't decided whether to transfer or not yet so I haven't been through it all.

edit: just posted the link in the next post
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
lol just realised i could just post a link:
http://www.tesco-careers.com/JobDetails/147987.aspx
Reply 11
does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out if u have got a transfer or not?
So sorry I just saw this!! Someone at work told me to do it this way and it worked, I've applied! Thanks so much for the help!!

Original post by iavas
lol just realised i could just post a link:
http://www.tesco-careers.com/JobDetails/147987.aspx
Reply 13
Have you found out yet? Ive still got no reply or anything
I wonder how long it'll take. Just applied today...
Reply 15
Original post by Peppercrunch
I wonder how long it'll take. Just applied today...

I applied last Thursday and my store hasn't heard a single thing yet so I think its gonna take an age :curious:
Reply 16
Original post by Togoo56
I applied last Thursday and my store hasn't heard a single thing yet so I think its gonna take an age :curious:

Ah man. Ive been ringing stores too but theyre all having issues with me wanting to come home at christmas as its their busiest period.. i mean, what do they expect!
Reply 17
Has anyone heard anything yet, I applied 10 days ago and haven't heard a thing. I called stores and passed on my details and have heard nothing as well.
Someone who applied for the student transfer before said it takes a couple of weeks apparently. He applied for London stores and he got rejected. I'm applying to other companies just in case I can't get a transfer.
Reply 19
Has anyone heard anything about their transfer yet? I only have 2 weeks left before I move back to university and applied over 2 weeks ago so am getting worried :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending