The Student Room Group

French police force woman to take off clothes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by remiremi
One of the same labour leaders that says we need to "sit around the negotiating table with ISIS" to sort out a peace deal

Labour and the rest of these leftists are deluded

Yes, and he's the Labour candidate* who I do not support.

Personally I think the rightists are deluded as well.
She wasn't even wearing a burka/burkini/niqab, she wore leggings, a top and a headscarf whilst her kids played at the beach. Well done for France, be exactly like the people you hate.
Original post by alevelstresss
Yes, and he's the Labour candidate* who I do not support.

Personally I think the rightists are deluded as well.

Not quite as deluded by the Islamist loving anti-Semites that plague the labour party

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/684902/jeremy-corbyn-israel-isis-antisemitism-inquiry

Sure you can say it's just a few "bad apples" but I want these "bad apples" and politicians that rub alongside them nowhere near my liberal democracy, and thank god the public seems to agree with all things pointing to a tory landslide next election.
Reply 43
Original post by teenhorrorstory
'When I invented the burkini in early 2004, it was to give women freedom, not to take it away. '

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away - the guardian
https://apple.news/AnMfV0wNzTkG_m1DG7J_SeQ

I'm pretty confident she invented that thing to make money and now she's all over the media using free advertising space
If France valued secularism so much, why is the burkini the only form of religious clothing banned while others are permitted?

Because other religions aren't backward enough to invent a religious swimsuit.
True. My issue here is I thought the burkini itself was banned. The woman was wearing a headscarf, a top (tunic) and leggings, do they now ban clothing that isn't revealing enough or am I missing something?
Original post by Dodgypirate
:toofunny:

If any of the female members of your family or mine went over to a Muslim country (any of them), they would HAVE to cover up. But they would do that out of respect, wouldn't they - so as not to offend.

However, when Muslims in France are asked to not wear religious attire, they choose not to respect it.

Absurd.

Were a tolerant country where people can dress how they want. Saudi Arabia is not tolerant country. That's the difference. We're not going to stoop to their level and force people to wear certain clothes.
Original post by Trapz99
Were a tolerant country where people can dress how they want. Saudi Arabia is not tolerant country. That's the difference. We're not going to stoop to their level and force people to wear certain clothes.

It's not just Saudi Arabia lol... it's the vast majority of Islamic countries.

Islam is the most intolerant thing around.
It's not just Saudi Arabia lol... it's the vast majority of Islamic countries.

Islam is the most intolerant thing around.

Ok, let em rephrase it then.
Muslim countries aren't tolerant. We are tolerant. An intolerant country forces people to dress in a certain way. Since we are not intolerant, surely we should allow people to dress how they want?
Original post by Josb
I'm pretty confident she invented that thing to make money and now she's all over the media using free advertising space

Because other religions aren't backward enough to invent a religious swimsuit.

You are no position to claim to know her motives, so your opinion is quite frankly irrelevant.

So it's not about secularism then, and the burkini is not only worn by Muslim women.
Reply 49
You are no position to claim to know her motives, so your opinion is quite frankly irrelevant.

I'm still allowed to give my opinion. Claiming that one's opinion is irrelevant is weak debating.

The goal of every businessman (or businesswoman) is to make profit. She isn't at the head of a charity.

So it's not about secularism then, and the burkini is not only worn by Muslim women.

Considering that Islam is the only religion for which a specific swimsuit can be associated, it is logical that a ban on religious clothing on the beach or swimming pool only affects Muslims.

Do you have anything to support the claim that non Muslim women also wear a burkini?
Original post by IYGB
Well done to the French.
It seems they are Europeans with balls

Or perhaps, their increasing needless aggression towards innocent Muslims is the reason WHY they have had the most attacks on their land and people in Europe.

How the **** does banning what is effectively a wetsuit with a scarf having "balls"?
Original post by leinad2012
Or perhaps, their increasing needless aggression towards innocent Muslims is the reason WHY they have had the most attacks on their land and people in Europe.

How the **** does banning what is effectively a wetsuit with a scarf having "balls"?

That is no justification for terror attacks
Reply 52
Original post by RivalPlayer

She's wearing Western attire - a tunic and leggings and by being on a beach among other French people is likely better integrated than the kind of people who actually pose a real threat.

By the look on their face, I think that the other people on the beach denounced her to the police.
Original post by Trapz99
That is no justification for terror attacks

No it isn't. Because there is no justification for terror attacks. But that doesn't mean that France banning the burkini won't be used as further ammonition by Islamic terrorists.
LIES LIES LIES. THE POLICE ASKED HER TO SHOW THEM WHAT SHE WAS WEARING
https://www.yahoo.com/news/france-warning-burkini-furore-heats-163512426.html
Would you follow the laws of Saudi Arabia when it comes to covering up? My guess is no.

Their country, their law. I see no problem.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Would you follow the laws of Saudi Arabia when it comes to covering up? My guess is no.

Their country, their law. I see no problem.

Just because it's against the law, it doesn't mean it's right.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't get it. How exactly did she break the law if she wasn't even wearing a burkini?
:toofunny:

If any of the female members of your family or mine went over to a Muslim country (any of them), they would HAVE to cover up. But they would do that out of respect, wouldn't they - so as not to offend.

However, when Muslims in France are asked to not wear religious attire, they choose not to respect it.

Absurd.

Just because other countries dictate what women can and cannot wear, doesn't mean Western nations should stoop to such levels. I'd like to think Western nations are above that. Women should decide for themselves what they want to wear, and not have the government dictate what they should wear. If a Muslim woman lives in Britain, she should have her right to choose what she wants to wear respected.

Absolutely despicable. I don't understand how people can argue this is acceptable. The same people who defend France in the name of their 'secularism' criticise the likes of Iran and Saudi. (picture showing woman in Iran confronted by police for dressing 'too revealing' )

Also her clothing doesn't even resemble the burkini which was banned(wrongfully imo). The French police just wanted to target a Muslim woman and express their bigotry through supposed justification. Onlookers were clapping and shouting at the Muslim woman to 'go home' while the woman and her child were crying.

She should have refused, been arrested and gone to court to contest being forced to strip so she can bee oogled by passers & Police

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending