The Student Room Group

Women cheat more than men, it's just logic.

Firstly, there's the fact that the typical (so, median) woman probably has more sex than your typical man... due to the obvious fact that a few men have the majority of the sex.

Secondly, it's "easier" for a woman to end up cheating. Typically if a guy wants sex, he has to go out and get it, so he'd have to go out of his way and decide he wants to cheat and then try to woo a few girls until he succeeds. A girl just needs to be in the right environment (around guys in a club) and she will get approached at some point... she can just "let it happen".

That's my opinion anyway...

thoughts?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, it is easier. But I think women are more likely to cheat due to particular dissatisfaction in their relationship rather than simply wanting sex/having the opportunity, and if they are wooed by some randomer they probably will not cheat if they are comfortable with their relationship. Whereas if a man gets the opportunity, I think it is more likely he will be liable to cheat even if he is totally happy with his partner, as men compartmentalise sex and romance more. I don't have stats to back this intuition up but this is just chat I suppose lol. I'd expect that overall the stats are quite similar for men and women (the ones we have suggest men cheat more, but this is based on self-reporting, which can't be fully trusted, and I'd guess men feel more comfortable admitting to cheating).
Oh God not this "a few men have the majority of the sex" bs, how are you intelligent enough to switch your computer on if you believe that?
Reply 3
*grabs popcorn*
Reply 4
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Firstly, there's the fact that the typical (so, median) woman probably has more sex than your typical man... due to the obvious fact that a few men have the majority of the sex.

Secondly, it's "easier" for a woman to end up cheating. Typically if a guy wants sex, he has to go out and get it, so he'd have to go out of his way and decide he wants to cheat and then try to woo a few girls until he succeeds. A girl just needs to be in the right environment (around guys in a club) and she will get approached at some point... she can just "let it happen".

That's my opinion anyway...

thoughts?

I Knew it!!
Men cheat more, but women cheating is worse.

This is not to say that a man should cheat, but so many women will say things like they would be more hurt by their man having an emotional affair than physical affair.
Original post by howitoughttobe
Oh God not this "a few men have the majority of the sex" bs, how are you intelligent enough to switch your computer on if you believe that?

It's true. Numerous studies have shown this phenomenon. Don't try and cope by shutting your ears to it- it's true.
I don't think theres logic to either males or females cheating, and I don't think you can say one does it the most, because it's really difficult to generalise half the world's population and say they cheat more and they do it because of this.

cheating happens for different reasons and its not just usually about getting sex, often its emotional, or because the relationship has problems, or simply because the man or woman who cheats is just an utter c***.
Original post by richpanda
It's true. Numerous studies have shown this phenomenon. Don't try and cope by shutting your ears to it- it's true.

it is true and anyone who disagrees is making a poor attempt a virtue-signalling. On the other hand it does not imply that women cheat more when they quite clearly don't.

Source: I went from fat kid to hot kid

The actual downside for women is that most guys are happy to use them for sex but nothing else.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Sexathlete
it is true and anyone who disagrees is making a poor attempt a virtue-signalling

Source: I went from fat kid to hot kid

The actual downside for women is that most guys are happy to use them for sex but nothing else.

I actually saw once on TSR someone arguing that the 80/20 rule in terms of 20% of guys having sex with 80% of the women was physically impossible hahaha fml. Like she genuinely thought it was impossible, as sex is a one to one interaction.

Lol it was one study done by dating website OK Cupid that found that women rated 80% of men below average in looks and then pathetic men who couldn't get laid took the study way out of context to justify the fact that they couldn't get laid.The top post on this thread (and some others lower down) explain why it's utter bs

I mean unless you're suddenly going to tell me that every married guy has four wives because that would be the only way it is true.
I actually saw once on TSR someone arguing that the 80/20 rule in terms of 20% of guys having sex with 80% of the women was physically impossible hahaha fml. Like she genuinely thought it was impossible, as sex is a one to one interaction.

80/20 is a massive exaggeration but it's certainly true that the distribution varies between men and women even if the means are equal.

Can you post links to those studies?
Lol it was one study done by dating website OK Cupid that found that women rated 80% of men below average in looks and then pathetic men who couldn't get laid took the study way out of context to justify the fact that they couldn't get laid.The top post on this thread (and some others lower down) explain why it's utter bs

I mean unless you're suddenly going to tell me that every married guy has four wives because that would be the only way it is true.

That's obviously not true, because polygamy is illegal in the UK. The study you quoted is not one of the ones that I was thinking about. Basically, there are a relatively small number of men who have sex with the majority of women.
Onto the next cr*ppy thread. :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Can't wait for the feminists to come onto this thread.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can't wait for the feminists to come onto this thread.

Why? Because, it's just baiting.
You're either in that 20%, or you're living off scraps. Pareto principle in full flow.

Quick Reply

Latest