The Student Room Group

Women cheat more than men, it's just logic.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Why? Because, it's just baiting.

It's just going to be very controversial :colone:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's just going to be very controversial :colone:

Yep, can't avoid it on this site.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 19.47.32.png
Original post by richpanda
That's obviously not true, because polygamy is illegal in the UK. The study you quoted is not one of the ones that I was thinking about. Basically, there are a relatively small number of men who have sex with the majority of women.

Lol basic logic indicates that that isn't true but you clearly lack that skill so I'm gonna leave you to your warped belief as it clearly makes you feel better. Also if that stat was true surely men would be cheating more than women? A few men can't be having sex with the majority of women yet women are cheating more. The numbers simply would never work out.

Anyway I've had this conversation with a guy before who admitted at the end that he was a troll so I suspect you're one too.
Original post by howitoughttobe
Lol basic logic indicates that that isn't true but you clearly lack that skill so I'm gonna leave you to your warped belief as it clearly makes you feel better. Also if that stat was true surely men would be cheating more than women? A few men can't be having sex with the majority of women yet women are cheating more. The numbers simply would never work out.

Anyway I've had this conversation with a guy before who admitted at the end that he was a troll so I suspect you're one too.

I'm not trolling. I'm not talking about people in relationships you doofus, I'm talking about people who are looking for hook-ups and no strings attached sort of arrangements.
Reply 24
Women cheat just as much, we're just better at hiding it

Men's affairs usually get exposed because:

a) he rubbish at being discreet
b) the guilty conscience gets too much for him
c) most women have that sixth sense and can usually tell when their man has been cheating (you usually notice a change in him, a lot of the time its when its much happier than usual)
but the main one is that d) most guys really want to brag about their cheating because they think its something to be proud of and that they will be seen in a different light. so he actually risks losing his woman and children (if they have any) for the sake of his ego
So what if women cheat more
Original post by bassbabe
So what if women cheat more

that's the spirit :cool:
I'm not trolling. I'm not talking about people in relationships you doofus, I'm talking about people who are looking for hook-ups and no strings attached sort of arrangements.

Even then I highly doubt that's true but if you're going to base this on the sort of people who just want hookups then you're probably not going to get an accurate picture. This stat probably comes from men claiming they slept with women they've never even spoken to and women refusing to admit they slept with men they regret sleeping with. Either way it's bs aha and the problem can easily be overcome by not just looking for hookups, therefore men can stop whinging about it.
But that's not true lol
From my personal experience, it's slightly few more girls that have cheated.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Why? Because, it's just baiting.

Me, start a thread just to bait? I'm offended.
Original post by hezzlington
From my personal experience, it's slightly few more girls that have cheated.

But then from my personal experience, Its mostly guys that have cheated
Reply 32
Original post by emi.hopkins
But then from my personal experience, Its mostly guys that have cheated

Maybe the girls hid it better..
Original post by UWS
*grabs popcorn*

It's true. Numerous studies have shown this phenomenon. Don't try and cope by shutting your ears to it- it's true.

Please provide the studies which show that "few men have sex" :rofl:
So many lay assumptions, so many people making up their own theories based on their small personal experience, or their own self-serving biases. I love it when people turn into pseudo-psychologists when it comes to topics such as this. :rofl:

Anyone actually bother read the literature on this? I mean guys, this has been researched at an academic level I'm sure. You'll find your answer there.
If men can cheat, women can too
EQUALITY! :youbetcha:
Reply 37
Original post by Twinpeaks
So many lay assumptions, so many people making up their own theories based on their small personal experience, or their own self-serving biases. I love it when people turn into pseudo-psychologists when it comes to topics such as this. :rofl:

Anyone actually bother read the literature on this? I mean guys, this has been researched at an academic level I'm sure. You'll find your answer there.

It's Chat, to be fair.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Me, start a thread just to bait? I'm offended.

Triggered, perhaps? :colone:
Original post by The Sexathlete
Men cheat more, but women cheating is worse.

This is not to say that a man should cheat, but so many women will say things like they would be more hurt by their man having an emotional affair than physical affair.

Why do you say a woman cheating is worse? It's equally bad. Anyone who cheats is a selfish person with no self control.

Quick Reply

Latest