The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StevenGRogers
I did. Not sure how they got my email lol but nice to be asked

think it must've been thru linkedin
Original post by alexjones1994
I'll drop them an email then and will confirm it on here. I probably won't get a reply till 2017 though.

thanks, I'm also keen on this
I applied :/... Got invited to take tests two days after also? My program application says 'United Kingdom - London - CB&S: Markets - H - Deutsche Bank Internship Programme - Class of 2017' - Class of 2017 would imply I graduate then would it not?

did u write a cover letter for deutsche??
Thoughts on the extent to which you can tailor cover letters to banks which you've had little to zero exposure to? eg. deutsche bank, i havent been to any events, i spoke to a recruiter at an internship fair and thats it - so cant really talk about their culture since i havent experienced it, talking about their training programs comes across fairly dry and dull no?
Original post by jchap9776
Thoughts on the extent to which you can tailor cover letters to banks which you've had little to zero exposure to? eg. deutsche bank, i havent been to any events, i spoke to a recruiter at an internship fair and thats it - so cant really talk about their culture since i havent experienced it, talking about their training programs comes across fairly dry and dull no?

Cultures and principles are usually available on their website. Pretty easy to gear your qualities and skills in your letter towards their culture - usually the standard stuff you would mention anyway, teamwork etc
how are you guys for timing for online applications
I was thinking that. It doesn't mention 'penultimate' anywhere though? Unless you can find anywhere it does? If not i'm going to drop them an email. FFS. Those questions took so long fml.
https://www.db.com/careers/en/grad/role-search/programs/db-internship-programme.html

It says on their Programme Eligibility page mate.
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
how are you guys for timing for online applications

Planning on submitting about four (which I've got in draft) by September after I finish this internship. Then will go through the rest as quickly as possible.
Original post by jchap9776
did u write a cover letter for deutsche??

nope
Original post by Commercial Paper
It says on their Programme Eligibility page mate.

Cheers. For everyone else it does say here. Although it says 'In General' hopefully their email back will clarify.
https://www.db.com/careers/en/grad/apply/programme-eligibility.html
Original post by lewiskh97
Cultures and principles are usually available on their website. Pretty easy to gear your qualities and skills in your letter towards their culture - usually the standard stuff you would mention anyway, teamwork etc

Ahh ok true, guess their website will have to be the main source. Thanks for your advice!
Quick question: If you apply in right at the start of September, assuming you great through the necessary stages, at around what month will you be selected for an interview? Just wondering if it will be ages away (December+) or closer than that (October time). Can anyone give me a rough estimate?
Original post by zzFishstick
Quick question: If you apply in right at the start of September, assuming you great through the necessary stages, at around what month will you be selected for an interview? Just wondering if it will be ages away (December+) or closer than that (October time). Can anyone give me a rough estimate?

Can't say for sure. But with my experience at Barclays last year it was extremely quick. Maybe a couple of weeks from completion to phone interview and then less than a week to assessment centre - but this was the first one they did. On the other hand, Morgan Stanley was extremely slow even during the interview process - often two week wait between each round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't say for sure. But with my experience at Barclays last year it was extremely quick. Maybe a couple of weeks from completion to phone interview and then less than a week to assessment centre - but this was the first one they did. On the other hand, Morgan Stanley was extremely slow even during the interview process - often two week wait between each round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's quite a range. Thanks.
Planning on submitting about four (which I've got in draft) by September after I finish this internship. Then will go through the rest as quickly as possible.

i mean for the numerical things
people's thoughts on including a leadership experience in the work experience section on application forms?

e.g. being a treasurer of your finance/investment society.

imo it is still essentially working as I'm managing budgets, raising funding, negotiating sponsorship deals etc.....
Original post by sky-blue
people's thoughts on including a leadership experience in the work experience section on application forms?

imo it is still essentially working as I'm managing budgets, raising funding, negotiating sponsorship deals etc.....

perfectly sensible, just call it 'work and leadership experience'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sky-blue

I usually do it, if the form reasonably allows me to. In the sense that if I have to choose my employer from a drop down list, I won't select other and then put down the society. But if it's fairly laxed I will include it. Especially, if they don't ask for a cover letter, and their questions don't cover that sort of stuff, or any situation in which I don't have a chance to mention any leadership/memberships positions.
For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.
(edited 7 years ago)
what banks don't ask for online tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending