The Student Room Group

What annoys you the most about public transport?

For me it's when people choose to sit next to me when there's 100 other seats available. A lot of these people have terrible BO as well, so that's even more annoying...
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

When you're running for the bus and the driver can see but he closes the door and drives off when you're almost there :colonhash:
Having to spend pretty much all my money for a train ticket :frown: and when it doesn't go to plan...
Reply 3
Bus - always runs late then several arrive at once. the worst type of people always seem to take the bus. and the drivers are sometimes crap, either they don't wait for you or don't open the doors for you.
Trains - usually run late and can get very packed but the biggest annoyance for me is that at some london stations there is a HUGE gap between the train and platform that you literally have to jump off it. I'm like what if you were a child or had a child in a pram, I'd be too scared that they might fall onto the tracks
Tube - cramped and the heat!
Original post by Allie4

Trains - usually run late and can get very packed but the biggest annoyance for me is that at some london stations there is a HUGE gap between the train and platform that you literally have to jump off it. I'm like what if you were a child or had a child in a pram, I'd be too scared that they might fall onto the tracks

And when you open the door to get off the train, you almost fall off the train. That happened to me last week.

Um, where to start:
- people who have no idea what a quiet carriage is for
- late trains. I had to use 4 trains last week. One was on time
- when people get on the bus and then look for their money / pass
When people argue with the drivers!
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag

- when people get on the bus and then look for their money / pass

I forgot about that one! Also some bus stops the driver stops to change drivers or take a break. sooooo bloody annoying when you're already running late!
When Roadmen have taken over the back of the top deck bus
Original post by happiness12
When people argue with the drivers!

Then they turn off the engine LOL
Crying babies/screaming children

Those wannabe hard folk that sit up the back of the bus and try to pick fights with everyone

When someone sits next to you even when there are plenty of other free seats

Those who play their music on loudspeaker instead of listening to it through their headphones

When some nags at you for opening a window when it's roasting on the bus but they insist that it's freezing and the window must stay shut

Posted from TSR Mobile
when people smell of ****ing cigarettes, I just want to punch them.
when like more than 1 person with a pram comes on the bus fml

especially when its a double pram ofmg

and just people in general
When someone next to you decides eats smelly food:angry: Like why?!
I haven't used public transport for several years now, but things I definitely don't miss:

People getting on the bus, telling the driver where they'd like to go, then waiting until the driver demands the money before they start digging through their bag for their purse/wallet. Surely, you knew you'd have to pay???
When there are loads of seats, but people choose to instead stand right at the front of the bus for their entire journey and get in everyone's way.
When people eat smelly food.
When they listen to music loud enough so the noise bleeds out from their headphones and all you can hear are tinny drums.
It cost me 32.60 to get a return ticket from st Neots to Finsbury Park, literally a direct train ._.
When people don't go upstairs, causing oncoming passengers to believe upstairs is packed so they stay downstairs, and then eventually downstairs is unnecessarily packed and upstairs is basically a ghost town.

Are people afraid of upstairs or something?
When there's a rude driver. I know bus drivers must go through a lot so I don't blame them tbh. Also when you pay and the bus driver drives straight away and you haven't even reached for your ticket :frown:.
Original post by Novascope
When people don't go upstairs, causing oncoming passengers to believe upstairs is packed so they stay downstairs, and then eventually downstairs is unnecessarily packed and upstairs is basically a ghost town.

Lol true I always sit on top if there aren't many people downstairs but I'd prefer to sit downstairs bc I always fear that the bus will stop and I'll need to get off but I won't be able to get to the door in time and the driver will drive past my stop :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Novascope

Some people will literally be getting of by like 1 stop so they don't see the point of going upstairs.

Quick Reply

Latest