The Student Room Group

Further Maths or Economics

Hey there,

I need some help making my a decision on my A-level subjects as enrollment day is quite soon. I am currently going to be taking Maths, Economics and Accounting but am also so adamant to take Further Maths, as I am worried that I will not perform well in Economics due to its intensive essays.

I have been preparing for Maths C1/C2 all over summer and am attaining the following, C1 - 85% and C2 - 72%. I love maths so much and very interested in the subject in which I am considering to take Further Maths, but most of my friends and family are advising me not to take it.

I really need some help as I am finding it difficult to me a decision.
Original post by phat-chewbacca
Hey there,

I need some help making my a decision on my A-level subjects as enrollment day is quite soon. I am currently going to be taking Maths, Economics and Accounting but am also so adamant to take Further Maths, as I am worried that I will not perform well in Economics due to its intensive essays.

I have been preparing for Maths C1/C2 all over summer and am attaining the following, C1 - 85% and C2 - 72%. I love maths so much and very interested in the subject in which I am considering to take Further Maths, but most of my friends and family are advising me not to take it.

I really need some help as I am finding it difficult to me a decision.

If you're interested and love it, you'll succeed in it.
Do you have a particular course in mind that you'd like to do at uni? That might help you in your decision.
don't do accounting and do further maths and economics
Well look at it this way, 1 A level requires hours upon hours of memorising facts with little to no reasoning behind it in a largely unsatisfying manor, the other is economics

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
You love maths, so the logical choice is further maths. Maths FM and Accounting can still get you onto an Economics degree if you wanted to do that in the future. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Accounting isn't really a respected subject, assuming you're aiming for top universities.

Maths, FM and Economics is a good combo if you are wanting to do:
Economics
Maths
Statistics
Finance
Accounting
Etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest