The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cellular-Suicide
So i've made an application formerly through UCAS with my clearing Uni after verbal offer and acceptance. How long does it take for them to officially accept the UCAS application?

IT will depend on the university - but if it isn't done by the end of today then it might not come through until Monday. Admissions staff were in last weekend processing results so unless there's a huge demand they'll be off this weekend.
Original post by PQ
IT will depend on the university - but if it isn't done by the end of today then it might not come through until Monday. Admissions staff were in last weekend processing results so unless there's a huge demand they'll be off this weekend.

In the same boat after putting one through 6pm yesterday. It's going to be a long weekend if nothing come through today!
Original post by skeptical_john
In the same boat after putting one through 6pm yesterday. It's going to be a long weekend if nothing come through today!

There's nothing to stop you ringing and asking when it will be done
Reply 283
Original post by Airmed
*AMAs are more appropriate for chat, but since this one is about clearing, I think it is better placed in this forum*

So, from the title: I work at my uni's Clearing Helpline, which is actually really fun! So I thought I would make an AMA so people can ask questions about Clearing, and generally what it is like to deal with students and their queries, etc etc.

So ask away! :h:

Edit: Disclaimer - I am not a god expert on UCAS matters (though I like to think that I have a good knowledge of such things). I am answering these questions based on my own experiences and my training. So, please, don't go quoting me. I don't want to mess up anyone's applications.

Hi i was wondering what you guys actually see? like do you get all of our info?
Because i went through clearing last year and they asked me for my grades first and my ucas number, and i would've thought you guys would know that already after getting my ucas number?? thanks xxxx
Reply 284
Original post by Laricus
Hi i was wondering what you guys actually see? like do you get all of our info?
Because i went through clearing last year and they asked me for my grades first and my ucas number, and i would've thought you guys would know that already after getting my ucas number?? thanks xxxx

We don't have access to UCAS (us students anyway!) The unis do. However it's best to ask for grades and UCAS number because it saves a lot of hassle of accessing UCAS and searching people. Also, if a person is placed at a different uni, information is limited.

Basically it's just handy to get it all from the student!
Reply 285
Am I not allowed to call the university that I really really wanted to go to for the second time around? 🤔 I really want to go there for some personal reasons.. 😑 I saw my course still on their clearing list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Original post by lnux
Am I not allowed to call the university that I really really wanted to go to for the second time around? 🤔 I really want to go there for some personal reasons.. 😑 I saw my course still on their clearing list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's not that you aren't allowed. It's just that there's usually not much point. If you really, really want to, call them. But be prepared for disappointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Universities accept Access Course qualifications through clearing?
Original post by IssyHUB
Do Universities accept Access Course qualifications through clearing?

yes but in my experience I had to get the college to confirm the results.
Original post by skeptical_john
yes but in my experience I had to get the college to confirm the results.

How exactly are Access Course qualifications presented, do you get a certificate/letter showing your results?
Original post by IssyHUB
How exactly are Access Course qualifications presented, do you get a certificate/letter showing your results?

that's pretty much it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=access+to+he+certificate&safe=off&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8o62Z8dzOAhVLAcAKHZa7CM4Q_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=940
Original post by Airmed
Dentistry is still not open

How about now? :puppyeyes:
(By the way, I'm only asking because I'm curious; it's not open to Rest of UK students. :lol:)

(also weird screenshot, those 'apply now' boxes should be ORANGE!

Yeah, but I took it in early July, so maybe the blue boxes indicated that it wasn't open yet? :hmmmm2:

Oh, Mr Hyde. I have missed you. :rofl:

I know. :colone:
And sorry about the late reply.
Reply 292
Original post by Hydeman
How about now? :puppyeyes:
(By the way, I'm only asking because I'm curious; it's not open to Rest of UK students. :lol:)

Still not open.

Yeah, but I took it in early July, so maybe the blue boxes indicated that it wasn't open yet? :hmmmm2:

Blue does indicate not open.

I know. :colone:
And sorry about the late reply.

Yeah, what took you so long? :colonhash:
Original post by Airmed
Still not open.

Is it expected to open at all? I would've thought it would have been a very quick affair for a course like dentistry.

Yeah, what took you so long? :colonhash:

Erm, there was a raccoon that occupied my house and - something, something - chewed through my Internet cables...

Spoiler

Reply 294
Original post by Hydeman
Is it expected to open at all? I would've thought it would have been a very quick affair for a course like dentistry.

Erm, there was a raccoon that occupied my house and - something, something - chewed through my Internet cables...

Spoiler

We don't expect dentistry to open at all, unfortunately. :console:

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
We don't expect dentistry to open at all, unfortunately. :console:

Spoiler

Ah, okay. I was only curious anyway, because of what I'd found out about SGUL's unusual scheme this year. :holmes:

Spoiler

Reply 296
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, okay. I was only curious anyway, because of what I'd found out about SGUL's unusual scheme this year. :holmes:

Spoiler

I had heard of that. But Dundee hasn't opened either Medicine or Dentistry for about 5 years now.

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
*AMAs are more appropriate for chat, but since this one is about clearing, I think it is better placed in this forum*

So, from the title: I work at my uni's Clearing Helpline, which is actually really fun! So I thought I would make an AMA so people can ask questions about Clearing, and generally what it is like to deal with students and their queries, etc etc.

So ask away! :h:

Edit: Disclaimer - I am not a god expert on UCAS matters (though I like to think that I have a good knowledge of such things). I am answering these questions based on my own experiences and my training. So, please, don't go quoting me. I don't want to mess up anyone's applications.

Hi, do you think it would it be possible to get a place through clearing and then ask to defer to the following year, if you have the right grades for that course? It would save applying again. Thanks for any replies..
Reply 298
Original post by charlotte66
Hi, do you think it would it be possible to get a place through clearing and then ask to defer to the following year, if you have the right grades for that course? It would save applying again. Thanks for any replies..

clearing is not used for that, I'm afraid.
Original post by Airmed
clearing is not used for that, I'm afraid.

Hi, thanks for that, I decided to give them a call anyhow and was really pleased that they were able to offer a place, and also defer it to next year. So it can be done, just for info in case anyone else is interested!

Latest

Trending

Trending