The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
Yes, that's what I was talking about. Only seen in photo but didn't look very inviting.....esp the cheesy bit. Looks plastic......

Gardie's ok, had their kebab for quick lunch a few times. Cheep and cheerful.

Yeah I've had Gardie's kebabs, they're not that bad tbh.
Every college has a fair number of students who are vegetarian for various reasons (many for religious reason), so there's always a vegetarian option. you will not starve. :wink:

Good to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

They have to, as there're many people with different dietary requirement, so if the main is pork-based, Jewish or Muslim people have to go for veg option instead.

Won't guarantee the quality, though!
My daughter had a veg option once a week when it looked good......but said sometimes she felt sorry for vegetarians. :tongue:
Every college has a fair number of students who are vegetarian for various reasons (many for religious reason), so there's always a vegetarian option. you will not starve. :wink:

The (possibly out of date) alternative prospectus website seems to have disappeared, but from my spreadsheet apparently Christ's, Corpus Christi, Magdalene, St John's, and Trinity Hall are the only colleges that don't guarantee a vegetarian option for all meals.
Reply 364
Original post by Zacken
It's the thing internationals need to apply for their visa? Perhaps you've got some EU ties so you don't need a visa and don't need to worry about this crap? :tongue:

I'm a Finnish citizen - i.e. an EU citizen. - so I don't have to do anything with Visas - fortunately :tongue: Good luck with the process though mate! What country do you come from?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sweeneyrod
The (possibly out of date) alternative prospectus website seems to have disappeared, but from my spreadsheet apparently Christ's, Corpus Christi, Magdalene, St John's, and Trinity Hall are the only colleges that don't guarantee a vegetarian option for all meals.

New alternative prospectus (it was redone earlier this year, feat. some contributions from my good self) is here, by the way. :smile:
Original post by eniet
I'm a Finnish - and by extension, EU - citizen so I don't have to do anything with Visas - fortunately :tongue: Good luck with the process though mate! What country do you come from?

Ah, lucky! :tongue:

Mauritius. :smile:

It's here: http://www.applytocambridge.com

But I'd be surprised if that was actually the case. I'm sure they would have to offer a veggie option - even if you have to pre-arrange it.

Edit: beaten by the Fez...
(edited 7 years ago)

I think you were looking at old Alternative Prospectus. Did it look like a bit old fashioned, with a lot of Cambridge blue logos? That had been around for at least 6-7 years. Probably even more.
They now have a new one that's been on for a few months now.
http://www.applytocambridge.com

And, afaik, all colleges do have a veg option every day.
Best way is to check each college's website.

Edit:
Beaten by Fez and jneill......
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EnglishMuon
didn't u make the most of free nandos the a level results students the other day?

How did I miss that??? :facepalm:
I suppose going pescatarian/vegetarian for 30 weeks a year is only a good thing for my health tbh. I'll maybe lose some weight too finally

I'll miss donner and chips tho
Just thought I'd leave this here:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 23.05.44.jpg

:banana2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saracen's Fez
New alternative prospectus (it was redone earlier this year, feat. some contributions from my good self) is here, by the way. :smile:

Well done on your contribution! 'Bout time wasn't it?
The old one was looking very tired already with lots of out of date info when my daughter started pondering about applying, and that's more than 6 yrs ago!
Original post by jneill

No one really wants to go there tbh
Original post by Serine Soul
I suppose going pescatarian/vegetarian for 30 weeks a year is only a good thing for my health tbh. I'll maybe lose some weight too finally

I'll miss donner and chips tho

My vegetarian nephew in law is quite fat as he eats too much cheese as a source of protein.......

If you miss kebab, chips and that's sort of stuff, there's always Gardies. :smile:
http://gardis.co.uk
Original post by jneill

Who even are Oxford?
Original post by jneill

"Mega"........
Original post by Protoxylic
Who even are Oxford?

Apparently it's a starter in Formals.
Who knows tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Mega"........

Micro perhaps. :smile:

I've just stickied it for them. Maybe they'll get up to double figures in time for Matriculation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Micro perhaps. :smile:

I've just stickied it for them. Maybe they'll get up to double figures in time for Matriculation.

Maybe it means Mega Void.......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending